Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
Ayat paarsa
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 53
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Re: Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Post by Ayat paarsa » 19 Jan 2019, 11:44

amybo82 wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 15:45
You can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to treat cancer. My family has done this. Everyone in my family who was battling cancer lost their battles. Some after just a few weeks, some after several grueling years. I don't think there's a cure-all for cancer. It's so widely varied and it comes in so many different forms. It affects every person differently. My hope is that, some day, every type of cancer has a matching remedy. I respect the work of scientists and naturalists who are working to find treatments. I hope that these treatments are made affordable and widely-available. The bottom line for now, though, is that if cancer wants you, cancer is going to take you.
😟😢 I am unable to express my pain after listening to this. Also, other posts like this made me feel really sad. I also have very high esteem for the people playing their part in the war against cancer.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:

Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa » 19 Jan 2019, 12:11

AndrewZachariah wrote:
13 Jan 2019, 13:45
After reading this book I can't say for certain that I think cancer is curable; however, I think the method Sylvie is proposing has the ability to prevent cancer, something current, Western medicine has not discussed. I also think Sylvie's method is far superior in treating cancer, and will go far in helping to stimulate more research and discussing in and about the field on integrative medicine. I would be very interested in seeing if this method is beneficial to children living with severe cancers. Often, cancers present in children are some of the most severe forms currently known, and while testing has only occurred on adults so far, I think Sylvie's supplements and methods have the potential to completely change the lives of children in hospitals world wide. I think of this path Sylvie discusses as similar to the fight to legalize marijuana. CBD oil was proven time and again to be beneficial for dozens of illnesses. It doesn't cure anything, but it helps better than some of the best Western pharmaceuticals on the market. I think Sylvie's medication and method fit the same description.
I agree, the method Miss. Silvie presents would definitely help in prevention. I liked your suggestion, the children will be equally beneficial from this treatment.

Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa » 19 Jan 2019, 12:24

cpru68 wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 09:57
I think this book not only highlights the wonderful work of her father, but the author has exposed the dirty underground of the political system, big pharma, and how the consumers suffer as natural remedies to cancer are stifled.
The reason for this is in the name of money, and what I thought was so interesting is that where the money goes, the companies follow. So, if those of us who would like to see natural alternative medicine be the norm, then our money must be spent on those products and those companies supported. I don't know how else we are going to win that 'war'. What I don't understand is why we can't see a nice blend of traditional medicine with what the author's father had discovered. It was shown that even with someone undergoing chemo, if he or she took his extracts, the recovery was better and less damage to the body was done. I think we are up against a deeply rooted system that wants to keep the money rolling in at the expense of the sick. And, the only way around this would be to change the flow of money. I have an insurance plan that absolutely will not cover any natural medicine. It will be all out of pocket, and my premium payment each month is over $400. So, the average person is going to just not seek out alternatives due to added expense. It all comes down to money.
Good point, I agree that the book is not only about the arguements on treatment methods. It also highlights the issues like greedy pharmaceutical industries and so.

Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa » 19 Jan 2019, 20:04

nomnombooks wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 16:55
In my opinion, cancer is curable but not with the natural methods the author describes. I do not think alternative medicine is already as far evolved that it can take the place of classic school medicine in severe cases like cancer.
Thanks a lot for sharing your opinion. I think everyone's opinion matters. I can't say anything about until I don't hear from someone who experienced these. I think it would also be a good idea if the author shares user's views upon extracts from the Pao Pereira tree and the Rauwolfia vomitoria plant. Madam Sylvie is rather confident and I think half the confidence of patient builds up with this assurance.

Kyoks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by Kyoks » 21 Jan 2019, 08:25

In opinion, with so many curable scientifically and traditional methods to cure cancer, this is definitely it.

Taylor Danvers
2019 Reading Goal: 105
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Taylor Danvers » 23 Jan 2019, 00:15

I believe cancer is curable and since conventional ways are a bit toxic I think I've opened my mind on the natural way

nonamer_miss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonamer-miss.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by nonamer_miss » 23 Jan 2019, 16:41

Whatever the case, atleast there are a lot of options to cure cancer nowadays meaning a lot of chances of being cured.

Zora C Penter
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 16
Currently Reading: Will of The Hill
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Zora C Penter » 24 Jan 2019, 12:29

I have long believed that integrative medicine is the way to go. Reading this book has only strengthened that belief.

rubinelli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by rubinelli » 24 Jan 2019, 15:32

I can see Beljanski's research revolutionizing the health care field. As a student, I have been inspired to pursue this route of research in the future. I've been talking about this book to all of my friends, colleagues, and teachers. This research could help so many people. I believe it's just a matter of getting the word out to our future health care professionals!

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 209
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by kdstrack » 24 Jan 2019, 19:56

I believe cancer is curable and has been for a long time. There is sufficient evidence of different successful treatment therapies even for some of the most aggressive cancers. The success of treatments like Beljanski's are turning the table against chemo, cut and burn.

Jsovermyer
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Jsovermyer » 25 Jan 2019, 21:10

I am not a believer in this book's cancer treatments. I think that much more research is needed.

Ms_Bookworm
Currently Reading: Winning the War on Cancer
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-bookworm.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Ms_Bookworm » 27 Jan 2019, 10:58

I believe that finding a balance somewhere in the middle of the Integrative approach is our best bet. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories that Big Pharma is sitting on a cure for cancer (or diabetes, heart disease or any other number of diseases and conditions.) While I don't necessarily believe that cancer is curable (so many diseases are not curable, why do we think cancer should be?) I do think it is highly treatable and we have decades of solid medical research that have provided huge leaps in treatment in recent years. For example, immunotherapy drugs are much safer for the body (and effective) than traditional chemotherapy treatments (lession learned: don't poison the entire body to fight the mutation.) At the same time, there are several examples of naturopathic practices proving to be very beneficial in ways of preparing our bodies for their fight against disease. So, are we at a turning point in cancer treatment? Yes, we are - we are finally realizing that medical treatments should be twofold, balanced and fine-tuned to each individual's body and needs. This is of course, simply my own opinion.

briellejee
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2018 Reading Goal: 120
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
2017 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The World of Ato by Patrick Borosky

Post by briellejee » 27 Jan 2019, 23:20

Ms_Bookworm wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 10:58
I believe that finding a balance somewhere in the middle of the Integrative approach is our best bet. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories that Big Pharma is sitting on a cure for cancer (or diabetes, heart disease or any other number of diseases and conditions.) While I don't necessarily believe that cancer is curable (so many diseases are not curable, why do we think cancer should be?) I do think it is highly treatable and we have decades of solid medical research that have provided huge leaps in treatment in recent years. For example, immunotherapy drugs are much safer for the body (and effective) than traditional chemotherapy treatments (lession learned: don't poison the entire body to fight the mutation.) At the same time, there are several examples of naturopathic practices proving to be very beneficial in ways of preparing our bodies for their fight against disease. So, are we at a turning point in cancer treatment? Yes, we are - we are finally realizing that medical treatments should be twofold, balanced and fine-tuned to each individual's body and needs. This is of course, simply my own opinion.
I strongly agree with you. Cancer is a difficult disease especially if you know what it really is. Cells that cannot stop dividing and can easily travel to different parts of the body? Sounds really complicated to me. Scientists and doctors have been trying to eradicate this disease, but it simply too hard despite the contrary that it can be healed by tea bags. People should also take note that every cancer is different and every person's body and health is different. Thanks for voicing this out! :tiphat:
Comment on my reviews and I'll comment on yours too! :wink:

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost"

steigerd
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 34
Favorite Book: The Boys in the Boat
Currently Reading: Days of the Giants
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steigerd.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by steigerd » 28 Jan 2019, 19:25

I don't believe Cancer is curable. It only goes into hiding and waits or another day to reoccur. Cancer is still death toll it only will go into remission and wait for a chance to reappear in another form. Using alternative or prescribed treatment therapies only delay. The delay is worth it though. It may give you a few months or years more, but the chance to enjoy and live life is worth the pain and suffering.

BelleReadsNietzsche
2019 Reading Goal: 36
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche » 29 Jan 2019, 21:26

briellejee wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 23:20
Ms_Bookworm wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 10:58
I strongly agree with you. Cancer is a difficult disease especially if you know what it really is. Cells that cannot stop dividing and can easily travel to different parts of the body? Sounds really complicated to me. Scientists and doctors have been trying to eradicate this disease, but it simply too hard despite the contrary that it can be healed by tea bags. People should also take note that every cancer is different and every person's body and health is different. Thanks for voicing this out! :tiphat:
I agree that this is incredibly well-said and well-summed up.

I am so sorry for those of you in this thread who have dealt with and/or are dealing with this terrible disease.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”