2020 Reading Challenge ideas

Looking for some exciting reading challenges? Look no further. Here will have all kind of fun challenges.
camwilliams
Currently Reading: Triple Zero
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camwilliams.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Re: 2020 Reading Challenge ideas

Post by camwilliams »

My goals for 2020 year:
-Read 75 books (have completed 20)
-Diversify the genera of the books I read
-Find some new favorite books!
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Post by eliviac35 »

Alyssa wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 07:04 So many reading challenges on Pinterest, every year I write down a few for when I don’t know what I’m in the mood to read, but I still want to read something. Usually it’s things like a book that was banned, something by an unknown author or even the thickest novel in the store. I try not to write too many down because than I find myself reading just to complete the list more than actually enjoying what I’m reading.
I definitely have the same problem. I have the tendency to push myself too far into challenges... which makes reading feel like a chore.
bunmiolu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmiolu.html
Latest Review: My Heart in Kenya by Ruth Beardsley

Post by bunmiolu »

My reading challenge is to read at least one book (ebook or paper book) weekly. Doing that a year means at least 50 books for that year.
alicia_fountain
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8717">The Brothers Karamazov</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia-fountain.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov

Post by alicia_fountain »

My reading challenge this year is to read 4 books to review per month! I only started up again a month or so ago, but I've gotten my goal so far :)
JustineSophia2
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justinesophia2.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by JustineSophia2 »

I really want to read some classics that have always been daunting to me, such as War and Peace. Another goal would be to read at least 5-10 books a month and make sure they are of various genres, I love learning something new!
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. —Dr. Seuss
Bri C
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-c.html

Post by Bri C »

My goal is to work through my 'to-read' stack that built up during college. After that, I should be working full time, so while I still want to read a book a week, I'm not sure how many I'll get through. I'll need to make a specific time on my calendar and keep track of which books I want to read.

I want to read at least one book a month that isn't in my usual repertoire of 'types'. I read a decently wide range already, but it should help keep me out of a rut and broaden my horizon!
Amanda Nicole Newton
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nicole-newton.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Amanda Nicole Newton »

My goal has been to read at least 100 books this year. I'm 60% of the way there already! I have also taken on a reading challenge called A to Z where you read a title beginning with each letter of the alphabet. For example Harry Potter would be H, Animal Farm would be A, etc... I am loosely doing a Reading USA challenge to read a book set in every state, but I am carrying that over year to year to not be such a burden. What I don't finish now I can finish in 2021.
Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

Amanda Newton wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 19:19 My goal has been to read at least 100 books this year. I'm 60% of the way there already! I have also taken on a reading challenge called A to Z where you read a title beginning with each letter of the alphabet. For example Harry Potter would be H, Animal Farm would be A, etc... I am loosely doing a Reading USA challenge to read a book set in every state, but I am carrying that over year to year to not be such a burden. What I don't finish now I can finish in 2021.
Wow
That's ambitious, I would have never thought of that, the state by state thing.
I'll have to do that alphabetical reading, I really like it.
For me, For man & For God.
-Dee.
Xenolyph
Currently Reading: Flowers in the Attic
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xenolyph.html
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Xenolyph »

So my current to-read list is about 90 books long. I would really like to get through half of that this year, with most of the books being Fantasy and YA Fiction. It's a list that's been several years in the making. I have this habit of going to browse in book stores and, rather than buying books, I add them to my to-read list. I typically don't buy a book before I read it, so I usually borrow one of those books from a library and read it. Sometimes I re-visit the book store and buy the book if I really liked it. Let's see how many books I can read this year!
Catie139
Currently Reading: Catena Aurea
Bookshelf Size: 12861
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catie139.html
Latest Review: The L.I.G.H.T. Seminar by Deacon Michael Wesley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Catie139 »

I just started a new challenge beginning this month. I'm reading a book that begins with each letter of the alphabet. ("A", "An", and "The" do not count.) One exception that I may have to make is that for the letter x, it will be in the title - for example, a book about Malcolm X.
Pinkcerryblossom
Currently Reading: The Famous Five
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Pinkcerryblossom »

My 2020 reading challenge is to read regularly and keep reading. I have got into the habit of procrastinating. So once I have finished one I would like to get onto the next one. Whether it's a physical book, Audible or my Amazon book's. So far I am onto my 3rd book and here is to a lot more :D
rondanoh1
Favorite Book: 101 Dalmations
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rondanoh1.html
Latest Review: Daniel and Revelation for Today by Mae Abdul-Karim Wertz
Reading Device: B07K1RZWMC

Post by rondanoh1 »

I would like to get through my to-read list during the rest of the year. I would also like to read at least one classic book a month.
Kreads1
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Currently Reading: The Once and Future Witches
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kreads1.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by Kreads1 »

I was a bit late in setting a reading goal for 2020, I've always read a lot, but never tracked what I read, until recently. The Covid-19 restrictions led me to Goodreads in June, which is when I set my official goal of 72 books for the remainder of the year. I am at 28/72 so far, and read 19 books in July, so if I read 8 or 9 books a month for the remainder of the year I should reach that goal. I really enjoy having a physical book in my hand, but I'm trying to allow myself to use my e-reader more often, so that is another goal. The BIG goal is ensuring that I continue to enjoy reading when I start interning in a couple of weeks.
Zeejane
Currently Reading: Dawn's Early Light
Bookshelf Size: 843

Post by Zeejane »

My in-progress 2020 Reading Goals:
-Started an epic, personal challenge to read 1,000 books by my 50th b-day (I'll be 42 next month)
-Read 78/110 books
-Read 2/5 Classics (have read 2 so far, currently reading 1; I DNF'd 1 and I have 4 BRs scheduled for later this year. Next year I may set this goal to 10 books)
-Read 0/1 Stephen King book (this is becoming a yearly tradition)
NadiaELang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadiaelang.html
Latest Review: Genex of Halcyon by Joshua Stelling

Post by NadiaELang »

My goals are to read 300 "printed" books, 200, ebooks, and listen to 100 audio books. I absolutely love to read, but I'm hoping that in 2020, I will read and listen to books the most.

Return to “Reading Challenges”