Do you have any new year's resolutions about reading? How's it going?

Looking for some exciting reading challenges? Look no further. Here will have all kind of fun challenges.
Barbara Vertein
Currently Reading: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-vertein.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Icon Do you have any new year's resolutions about reading? How's it going?

Post by Barbara Vertein »

I'm not big into resolutions, but I have a business book a I've been meaning to read for over a year. I guess that is the closest I have for 2021, and I haven't started it yet. Do you have any resolutions related to books or reading? How are they going?

:techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Barbara :tiphat:
Avid consumer of books since I could read and staunch supporter of libraries
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

Post by Holly Fleming »

I love reading for pleasure, but this year I also want to make time to read books focused on professional development. My goal is one professional development book per month. Hopefully, I'll hold myself more accountable for this goal because I posted it!
urrutiap
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by urrutiap »

I dont have a big reading goal for this year but during the summer Im planning on reading and re-reading some series

re-reading Wheel of Time books 3 and 4. Last time I read the first 5 books was back in 1996 or 1997

reading the Dune Butlerian Jihad Prequels
reading Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion

reading Mistborn Alloy of Law sequel trilogy
Khaiden T
Favorite Author: Olaf Stapledon
Currently Reading: The Return of the King
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaidentajigen.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem
fav_author_id: 39743

Post by Khaiden T »

I had (notice the past tense there) two resolutions:

1. To empty most of my physical bookshelf to finally clear space and donate the books somewhere.
2. To read at least 24 books this year.

Because Return of the King is so far proving to be a heavy read for me and I'm too busy some days, both of those goals have not quite advanced. I've reduced the second one to be a 12 book goal instead and I'm hoping to meet that one still. More changes may yet happen. It's still not too late to advance well through those two goals.
Barbara Vertein

urrutiap wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 10:51 I dont have a big reading goal for this year but during the summer Im planning on reading and re-reading some series

re-reading Wheel of Time books 3 and 4. Last time I read the first 5 books was back in 1996 or 1997

reading the Dune Butlerian Jihad Prequels
reading Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion

reading Mistborn Alloy of Law sequel trilogy
Those are some very lofty goals! I have done the audiobook of Wheel of Time book 1 on road trips with a friend, but we've restarted it three times because we never quite finish it (he has read/listened to the series multiple times). I've read the first two Mistborn novels, but I never got to keep them from the library long enough in the right order to get through the original trilogy. I got them for Christmas last year, so maybe I'll add getting through at least two of them to my list this year!
urrutiap
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by urrutiap »

I hope the Alloy of Law Sequel Trilogy will be good to read when I get to them this summer.

That and Wheel of Time Dragon Reborn which is book 3 I think along with whatever book 4 is called. I tend to wait to read big paperback novels for the summer time
Barbara Vertein

Holly Fleming wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 21:23 My goal is one professional development book per month. Hopefully, I'll hold myself more accountable for this goal because I posted it!
How is it going? We're 1/3 through May already!

I have not started my book yet.
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sydney Lee »

My resolution was to read more since I've been slacking a lot these last few years, but it's been pretty hard, since I have work and I'm trying to start my own business and I'm starting school up again next month. Man, there needs to be more time in the world! XD
Barbara Vertein

I understand that Sydney! I try to combine reading into other activities, but it's hard. Only so many things you can do while holding a book!
zayyyna
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zayyyna.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by zayyyna »

my resolution is rood more non-fiction books,as i am student in commerce field i like to read it to gain more knowledge. and i guess its going preety well.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

I did not set any resolution so I have no pressure on myself, but I am doing pretty well. I haven't been keeping count as well but I would probably average about two books a month by now. I just love reading and resolution or not, I keep reading. Regardless if my schedule even. It feels great.
Abraham Gomez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Abraham Gomez »

I have been telling myself for the past couple years that one day I am going to start dedicating a few minutes every day to use it as reading time. I enjoy reading a good novel whenever and where ever.
Except lately it seems there's not enough hours in a day. I told myself that this year I would try to at least read a magazine or two on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, the second week of the new year and so far that idea has been dead in the water!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

This year, I want to read books on philosophy. I have a book by Marcus Aurelius, Meditation. I want to finish it together with the book, Quiet by Susan Cain. Nowadays, I am more focused on books from OBC so I miss those beautiful books. I have a lot to read this year. So many ebooks I have, and it's all good.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

This year I want to read more fictions and also self development books. Currently, I haven't really delved into reading but I'm not giving up on the goal yet as we are just a few weeks into the new year.
Melissa Best
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: Love and Marriage
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-best.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Martin Wyatt

Post by Melissa Best »

I try to avoid setting a lot of resolutions because usually they turn into nothing. But! this year I'm planning to read one book a month minimum. This site definitely helps to keep me on track with that too :) 2 down, 10 to go!

Return to “Reading Challenges”