Favorite Book or a Book by an Author We Love Recommendations

For December 2018 Genre Discussion, we will be reading a favorite book or a book by an author we love.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Favorite Book or a Book by an Author We Love Recommendations

Post by Heidi M Simone »

As you think about what book to either re-read or a book by an author you love, are there ones you would recommend to others? If so, which book(s) or author(s) would you recommend for others to read? As you are thinking of these recommendations, please make sure to share what audience of readers would enjoy the book and/or author.

For example:
I would highly recommend the Harry Potter series to those who enjoy a fantasy series that follows a preteen-teenage boy discovering his true place in the magical world of witches and wizards.

I look forward to hearing all of your book and/or author suggestions! :techie-studyingbrown:
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Brandy C
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Witches
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-c.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Brandy C »

There are so many authors I would recommend but I will only name a few. Personally, my favorite style of reading is the fantasy/paranormal genre. One of my all-time favorite series is the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. This series is jam-packed with action and suspense. I would recommend this to fantasy fans, especially if they enjoy paranormal fantasy. It has descriptive sex scenes so I would not recommend it for younger readers.

Kresley Cole also writes paranormal fantasy. Her Arcana Chronicles is one I have reread several times. I am anxiously awaiting the next one in the series. Also packed with action and suspense, I would recommend this to paranormal fantasy fans. As with the other series, it is not for young readers.

Finally, Shannon Mayer is another author I highly recommend. She also writes fantasy/paranormal stories. She has many series I enjoy but my favorite is her Elemental Series . I started with this series and have read several more that hook back into this one. Like like the other two, this is not for younger readers. I would recommend this to all fantasy and paranormal fans. All three of these authors have multiple series and draw you in right from the start!
”You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view..Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it” Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Hmm. I think the author I've reread the most is Tolkien. I really do love The Lord of the Rings more than most books, despite some of its flaws, but I think I'd also reread Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy if I could get my hands on it.

I'd also recommend a good reread of Jane Austen, not because she's part of the literary canon, but because her books are quite humorous. I especially loved Emma, though Northanger Abbey is tied with Pride and Prejudice for the books I've read the most times.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.

Return to “December 2018 Genre Discussion”