Debbie: Love or Hate?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2018 Book of the month "The Face of Fear" by RJ Torbert
praisecrown8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praisecrown8.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Re: Debbie: Love or Hate?

Post by praisecrown8 » 02 Jan 2019, 19:16

leanne_brown17 wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 13:35
I didn't find anything off-putting about Debbie. Throughout the book we learn a lot about her, and I think that the vast majority of it is positive. The one small error in judgement she made was trusting her friend to "take care" of certain things (which ultimately led to the kidnapping). She is warm, loyal to her friends, father and boyfriend, and doesn't seem to have trouble making personal connections despite growing up very wealthy. In other words, she doesn't seem like a snob. On the contrary, she seems quite well-rounded and genuine.
She was actually careless enough to trust her friend.

leanne_brown17
2018 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leanne-brown17.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by leanne_brown17 » 04 Jan 2019, 08:52

praisecrown8 wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 19:16
leanne_brown17 wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 13:35
I didn't find anything off-putting about Debbie. Throughout the book we learn a lot about her, and I think that the vast majority of it is positive. The one small error in judgement she made was trusting her friend to "take care" of certain things (which ultimately led to the kidnapping). She is warm, loyal to her friends, father and boyfriend, and doesn't seem to have trouble making personal connections despite growing up very wealthy. In other words, she doesn't seem like a snob. On the contrary, she seems quite well-rounded and genuine.
She was actually careless enough to trust her friend.
Yes she was very careless in that!
"If you are not willing to be a fool, you can't become a master." - Jordan B. Peterson

Return to “Discuss "The Face of Fear" by RJ Torbert”