Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
ochiengjr01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochiengjr01.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by ochiengjr01 » 17 Nov 2018, 01:03

I like how the author didn't beats around the bush. The title of the book is direct to self guide and self explanatory

Sanashiii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanashiii.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Sanashiii » 17 Nov 2018, 02:42

evan1995muniz wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 14:07
I absolutely love this self-help guide. It is so very down to earth and was actually the first book i ever reviewed officially. It helped me in so many ways and i know it can do the same for others.
this is just what I am feeling while reading.
the story got a punch.

If you want to change your life you must take action in doing so
. :techie-studyinggray:

Jeffrey Read
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeffrey Read » 17 Nov 2018, 05:13

I read the book, and it was a good read, most definitely recommend it. If you are feeling down on your luck or just need some new ideas and you are open to accepting help this is the book for you.

kemp1kor
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor » 18 Nov 2018, 19:23

I thought this was a very unique self-help book, and is one of the few I’ve actually enjoyed. The no nonsense attitude of the author really drew me in and made me realize how much time people spend justifying their non-action rather than taking action. I did find the author’s request for initials at the end of each chapter strange and unnecessary, but for others it may be helpful.

Analeigh
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-analeigh.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Analeigh » 18 Nov 2018, 21:25

MKRichards wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 16:21
I just finished this book and have to say the more I read, the less impressed I was with it. I appreciated some of the insights the author had to impart, but not when it was presented as new information for the fourth, fifth, sixth times (with almost exact wording each time).

Sentences were extremely lengthy, formatting was a bit tiresome to read, and language that was not already clichéd became so because of so much repetition.
I would have to agree with you on this. Repetition really seems to bore the reader and left me feeling like it was a stretch to make a book out of.

Theresam
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresam.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theresam » 19 Nov 2018, 13:22

I’ve read a lot of self help books because I always feel like there’s room for improvement. I really enjoyed this book. I thought the advice was practical and easy to implement once you consider what changes you need to make. I would give it 4 out of 4 stars

Sanashiii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanashiii.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Sanashiii » 19 Nov 2018, 22:40

Mely918 wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 16:36
It's a good book for those who are feeling lost in life. Personally, I think this book would've helped me a lot more at an earlier time in my life rather than now. The author is a good writer, though, so I would recommend this book to anyone who'd like to read it.

I may need to read this book as well. The review was great and this comment made me want to check this out. Thanks

Calypso Terrier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calypso-terrier.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Calypso Terrier » 23 Nov 2018, 02:23

I really enjoyed reading this book, and I like the way it is organized into three helpful sections.

Calypso Terrier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calypso-terrier.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Calypso Terrier » 23 Nov 2018, 02:24

I loved everything about “If Like Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s”. It has a lot to offer, and I was able to learn a lot. This book was extremely helpful, and it gave me lots of motivation to put my life in order and work for success. There is nothing that I dislike about this book, and I had an amazing experience with “If Like Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s”. I definitely recommend this book to all readers and audiences.

eben1983

Post by eben1983 » 23 Nov 2018, 03:48

I like this book. it is talking about creating opportunities where things seem hard. It is a good book because it teaches how to be diligent and how to be creative. I wish to get the hard copies though.

JennahAyikoru
Currently Reading: Cossack
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by JennahAyikoru » 23 Nov 2018, 05:39

I like vivid description ,what an impressive piece of writing ,in away that it has inspired me to desire more than what I already have(optimistic ) ,am glad I was able to read it

Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Lily White Lie by Connie Chappell

Post by Joe Hadithi » 23 Nov 2018, 07:40

I liked it. like all self-help books, it left me feeling positive for the future.

Mommynette
Favorite Book: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mommynette » 23 Nov 2018, 09:38

I absolutely loved “If life stinks get your head outta your buts”.
The book really helps you to understand that you are the only person that can change your life, to stop blaming others and step up. You have to change things within yourself, I feel like this is a great book self help book and a real eye opener. After reading, I am inspired. I will definitely be recommending this book to others and already have!

Felix Temix

Post by Felix Temix » 25 Nov 2018, 22:02

One of the things I loved about this book is that it basically teaches about life, the struggles of life and the sweetness of life if one uses his failure as a climbing stone to success rather than allowing it to be a breakdown on the path to success. It teaches to just always do one thing, Get up and fight it

Monie_raey
2018 Reading Goal: 4
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Currently Reading: Longthroat Memoirs
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monie-raey.html
Latest Review: American River: Tributaries by Mallory M. O'Connor

Post by Monie_raey » 26 Nov 2018, 04:29

Kareka88 wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 17:37
I didn't care for the author's arrogant attitude. Some of his facts and ideas were good. I read the official review for the book, and I agree with the reviewer that this might be a good book for younger readers. It will help them not to make some of the mistakes the author did. It would allow them to start on a confident and well-informed path.
I wish you had actually expounded on the fact that the writer was arrogant in his approach. Reading the reviews of many. I began to get that feeling too. Was it too distracting for you? :shifty:

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”