Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
BeatrixPotter
2019 Reading Goal: 60
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 5
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: A Higher Loyalty
Currently Reading: The Sound and The Fury / As I Lay Dying
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatrixpotter.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by BeatrixPotter » 09 Jan 2019, 20:04

I don't have an overall rating yet, as I'm only about 30% through the book, so I'll reserve judgement.
So far it seems a bit repetitive, and I agree with some others that the author is talking down to the reader.
"There's so much more to a book than just the reading."
-- Maurice Sendak

Sunnyroyish
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 48
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Sunnyroyish » 10 Jan 2019, 10:39

The best thing about this book is that it helped me a lot with my daily life problems. I became stronger as a human being. The worst thing about this book is that it's similar to other self-help books. Though that's completely my opinion.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.

AnnaKathleen
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 61
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 1086
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by AnnaKathleen » 10 Jan 2019, 15:45

Kareka88 wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 17:37
I didn't care for the author's arrogant attitude. Some of his facts and ideas were good. I read the official review for the book, and I agree with the reviewer that this might be a good book for younger readers. It will help them not to make some of the mistakes the author did. It would allow them to start on a confident and well-informed path.
I'm working my way through this one. I often have trouble reading books like this because of the sometimes arrogant or even blaming tone or attitude. I always find it overshadows any good points or arguments that have been made. I like how you said it might help younger readers avoid the same mistakes, but I wonder if any readers would immediately be off-put by the attitude and dismiss the entire work.
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury

HappyHatch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happyhatch.html
Latest Review: The Kings' Assassin by Ed Cannon

Post by HappyHatch » 13 Jan 2019, 19:48

The title of this book is awesome! But seriously, I think this book is very good. I work everyday with troubled youth who need good books like this. There are self help book and there are books that actually teach you to help yourself. That may have sounded confusing, but just trust me that this book will really allow you to help yourself unlike some other self help books out there. Read this book!

psmortimer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psmortimer.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by psmortimer » 13 Jan 2019, 23:35

I just finished reviewing it. I'd say it's okay for newbies but is repetitive and full of cliches. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who has done any self-improvement work since it is a collection of things found elsewhere.

Michael Cupid
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Michael Cupid » 16 Jan 2019, 06:10

Wel, just like the saying goes, "When you think the world has turned its back on you, look closely, you just might have turned your back on the world. Now it@s important to know and understand that life is not as difficult as we often percieve it to be, so, just keep making your genuine, conscious efforts, believing in yourself and trusting GOD completely, and watch things changing for you, and life more meaningful. Cheers!

solivagantcreates
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by solivagantcreates » Today, 02:52

Love this book from the core of my heart! So helpful to increase your confidence. As 'self help is the best' i must recommend it to read it once in your lifetime. And most imp that it is so down to earth that you feel so comfortable with it. Try it. Thank you to the author for gifting us such amazing book. Looking forward for more.💝

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”