Who is the target audience?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Who is the target audience?

Post by T_stone »

I think it's meant for people seeking a headway in life; those that need encouragement; those that are downcast: anyone that wants to better his or life.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
raqstar1
Currently Reading: The Lady of the Lakes
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raqstar1.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by raqstar1 »

I think the target audience would be people who are willing to analyze their problems and accept responsibility. I think the place where he talks about over-thinkers is more to say that you need to let some things go and not continually live in the past - or make a decision and move on.
Life is your own story. Sometimes you need an off-ramp and that's where books come in! :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

You bring up a valid point (The author states that the book is, "not for everyone - but it is for you!"). Which is it?
Maybe they aren't 100% sure who will want to read or who the book is written for and is just covering all bases?
As with most if not all self-help books, just reading it won't get the intended result. You have to actively do what is suggested in the book to get any benefit. Which is the hard part.
gfowle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gfowle.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by gfowle »

Jsovermyer wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 06:29 There is a great market out there for books that claim to make you happy, more succesful, and more time efficient. Everyone wants an easy way to make their life better. I think the author is hoping to sell this book to as many people as he can.
I definitely agree with this. The target audience is anyone who is willing to read the book, and whether it will help them or not is a different question.
Rodrigo Niguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodrigo-niguez.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Rodrigo Niguez »

This novel is a great book for all persons. Of course all of us needs some little inspiration to keep us moving in our various endeavours However, I think it specifically targeted persons going through something in their life.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

a9436 wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 04:14 The author states that the book is, "not for everyone - but it is for you!" Yet, earlier pages tell me that as an, "overthinker," the advice is not likely to help me. Personally I find this contradictory, which in my opinion makes the author a little less credible. Perhaps the author is assuming that, "overthinkers," will have already put down the book, or perhaps it means that the book will help me, even if I do not believe it.
I found it a bit odd that he made those statements. It's almost as if he wants you to feel as though you have a higher level of consciousness than those who wouldn't like or understand his way of thinking. But maybe I am already overthinking the statement as it is. :lol2:

Anyway, I think like most authors of self-help books he is probably hoping to reach readers who will be willing to take all that he says as law and true and not think too much about it. I mean, why else would he single out "overthinkers" as those this book would probably not help?
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I think the target audience is people who aren’t satisfied with where they are in their lives and want to make a change
charity muthoka
Currently Reading: The Black Market
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by charity muthoka »

Sometimes we need a bit of advice in our life.Therefore i think that this book is for both the young and the rest of the people who are ready to receive advice from any source and are willing to be successful in life.
Daisy May
Currently Reading: Princess Academy
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daisy-may.html
Latest Review: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound by Richard L Haight

Post by Daisy May »

I think the target audience is people who want to make a change, but for whatever reason, haven't taken action yet and are looking for direction. I think the book gives some direction, but I think readers could get more from it if there had been more concrete examples of how positive thinking has changed the author's life. Positive thinking can change everything, but if the book focuses on changing everything, the reader might get overwhelmed and not change anything.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

In my opinion, the title catches your eye and makes you think. Maybe I need to change? If your eyes weren't caught by the title you would not have considered picking up the book in the first place. The target audience is anyone who knows or wants to change. I think the title does that by drawing you in and making you think. I don't know how else to explain it. Great topic choice!
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

Readers who may not like the book may harm to themselves before realizing it. Due to the statement that the book is not for everyone.
Anju_9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anju-9.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Anju_9 »

I think he is trying to get as many audiences to read as possible. A lot of people want an easy life. Maybe the author thinks that he can help those in need by writing this book.
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

I think the intended audience is people who want to and are able to change their own lives, not necessarily those who are more a victim of their circumstances.
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ksharmilla »

I feel like the target audience is persons who constantly make excuses for not transforming their lives, or people with a narrow view of the world, people who are constantly negative. This can be a good book for people who has never read self-help books because it has that no-nonsense approach.
Mazy Johnson
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mazy Johnson »

Well the target audience are everyone who wants to succeed or the one's who wants to know their purpose in living it's a great book for inspiration.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”