Moral Lesson

Use this forum to discuss the October Book of the Month "McDowell" by William H. Coles.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Re: Moral Lesson

Post by Namaste23 »

I think there were many moral lesson included. Many of them seemed to be controversial so readers could react in all sorts of ways to this story.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

For me the lesson (or question I guess) was: "is everything redeemable?". And I didn't come up with an actual answer because some people thing McDowell does redeem himself in the end, whereas I'm not so sure he does. It also made me think about the consequences your actions can have
Readinggrl18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinggrl18.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Readinggrl18 »

There are consequences for how we treat people and the actions we take. It doesn't matter if we do something wrong for the right reasons or well intentions. It will lead to a consequence. We must take responsibility for our actions and behaviors. We cannot blame others for the junk in our lives. We must look inward and work to be the best we can be. It doesn't mean we will have easy lives but we won't have as many problems caused by ourselves.
Liveforchrist51
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: The Hundredth Time Around by Stacy Lee

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

I think this book taught the lesson of taking responsibility for yourself and your actions. It also taught about how no matter the type of person, changes can be made but only if you are willing to accept them.
photosynthesis19
Currently Reading: A Room of One's Own
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-photosynthesis19.html
Latest Review: The Middle Reaches (Episodes 1-8) by L. Andrew Cooper

Post by photosynthesis19 »

For me, the main message of the book was that events, people, and relationships are often more complex than they appear on the surface. There is no one objective truth, and things don't always fall into a black-or-white category. I think the author did a great job of creating characters with flawed but thoughtful ideas and personalities that make the reader reflect on their own opinions and life choices. Therefore, the moral lesson that I learned is not to accept things at face value but to dive deeper.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

The lesson that stood out for me is that any action or decision has a way of getting back to you or people around you either negatively or positively. I got some lessons on family life.

Return to “Discuss "McDowell" by William H. Coles”