Is the character of Maud Hiram's subconscious?

Use this forum to discuss the October Book of the Month "McDowell" by William H. Coles.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Re: Is the character of Maud Hiram's subconscious?

Post by Namaste23 »

I never thought of that. That is cool to think about. I thought that even though McDowell had such a domineering personality, Maud was the only one who was going to tell it like it was. She wasn't afraid of him or his opinion.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

I don't think she was his subconscious, I do think she existed. But I do think that she tapped into his subconscious and made him start to question his views more. She was essential to his life and his change that's for sure.
Readinggrl18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinggrl18.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Readinggrl18 »

I think Maud was the first person in his life that didn't buckle under his power. She told him her truth and din't beg for his attention, affection or approval. He wasn't used to that from anyone and I think that was what made him listen. She may have been representative of what his subconscious should have been, but until her, he thought he had done no wrong in his life.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

Maud is an interesting female character that played an important role in the life of McDowell. She tells him of his wrong doing without sugarcoating words. She makes sure she tells him the truth even if it hurts because she cares.

Return to “Discuss "McDowell" by William H. Coles”