Hiram McDowell's "deserved" end?

Use this forum to discuss the October Book of the Month "McDowell" by William H. Coles.
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Re: Hiram McDowell's "deserved" end?

Post by Aniza Butt »

I think he didn't deserved that ending. His end could be different like he could be living a peaceful life in a far-off place where no one knew him.
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

You feel as if he got a deserving ending because of all the things he did to others and how he treated them. But when he was just beginning to get his act together, being shot dead without any provocation or something like that seems just unfortunate. He should have gotten a second chance at life.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

daydreaming reader wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 16:04 I don't believe he deserved being shot while unharmed, but that is assuming that he was not being aggressive. I think that fact that the sheriff shot the rabbit merely because he got a new gun should be considered. That scene makes me question whether the sheriff was doing his job or hunting for sport. I did eventually expect that Hiram would have been caught, but not necessarily killed, perhaps a few years after he had completely adopted his new identity.
I agree - shooting to kill when someone is unharmed and not behaving aggressively is never something that someone deserves
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

I do not agree with how Hiram McDowell died and was not expecting that to happen.
I imagine Hiram McDowell dying peacefully after serving time in prison. He would have had a complete transformation and Paige would publish his memoir after his death.
Readinggrl18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinggrl18.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Readinggrl18 »

Although him being shot while unarmed was completely horrible and cruel, him dying made a good ending to the book. He was a changed man and more time or going back to prison would have made the impact of his change much less valuable. Also, Paige probably would not have been able to include his notes in her book.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I do not think the way Hiram ended was justifiable. He has redeemed himself already he should have been caught and sent back to jail.

Return to “Discuss "McDowell" by William H. Coles”