Use this forum to discuss the September Book of the Month "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner.
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 18 Sep 2018, 22:41
- Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Revolution
- Bookshelf Size: 43
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
- Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert
What scene in the Apollo's Raven did you like the least? For me, it was Queen Rhiannon's reaction when she thought that Catrin and Marcellus had had sex. Do you think her reaction was extreme because of her own infidelity?
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 23:58
- Currently Reading: Bug Hunt
- Bookshelf Size: 170
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
- Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry
I don't think so. It's common for parents to have a double-standard when it comes to their kids. And also, there might be the aspect that Rhiannon doesn't want her daughter making the same mistake she did. At times it felt like she was trapped in the affair, that Trystan wouldn't take no, no matter how many times she said or no matter what repercussions there might be later.
As for my least favorite scene? I don't know. Maybe it was when Amren was struck down in the final fight. It seemed like, given the time period, there was no way he should survive it, and yet, somehow, he does.
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 03:24
- 2018 Reading Goal: 12
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 166
- 2017 Reading Goal: 0
- Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
- Bookshelf Size: 30
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettercallyourbookie.html
- Latest Review: In Pursuit of The Pale Prince by Mark Wallace
I didn't like the first scene where we met the King and Queen. It was riddled with blatant sexism, which was annoying, and the writing doesn't move quickly enough to skip over it.
- Posts: 410
- Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 17:40
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
- Currently Reading: Jane Eyre
- Bookshelf Size: 49
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
- Latest Review: The Banshees by Anthony Land
I didn't like the scene where the queen reacts to the roman letter. You would think someone of her diplomatic and political abilities would know better than to declare war on someone who is holding your family hostage. It seemed like it was engineered just to create conflict.
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 25 Dec 2018, 15:30
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 35
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
- Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
I did not like the scenes where the Romans and King Amren and Queen Rhiannon had to talk about exchanging hostages. for me, this scene was way too drawn out and over-explained. I think it would have been more interesting if Marcellus and Vala weren't hostages, but spies meant to infiltrate the other side's camp. This would have reinforced the forbidden love aspect of Marcellus and Catrin and would have given the author more chances to characterize Vala and make her AN ACTUAL CHARACTER INSTEAD OF A PLOT DEVICE.
- Posts: 600
- Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 22:28
- 2019 Reading Goal: 75
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 4
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
- Favorite Book: And Then I Met Margaret
- Currently Reading: Lilly Of The Mountains
- Bookshelf Size: 139
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
- Latest Review: Formatting Your Fantastic Book by Mary Korte
I didn't like anything about Marrock, but Agrona tying up Catrin and trying to control her mind, making her drink green slime potion was really awful. While I was reading it, I wondered how much Catrin could resist and how she would escape the evil plans of Agrona.