Overall rating and opinion of "Apollo's Raven"

Use this forum to discuss the September Book of the Month "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Apollo's Raven"

Post by CommMayo »

topdan30 wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 13:05 I just finished reading this book and its a book i felt i wont want to repeat. The characters were well developed but i felt something was missing to be a great novel. WIll still give it a 3. The author did a good job.
I agree with you on the whole "not wanting to repeat" this novel. I also felt like it was missing someone. Personally, I think it was maturity of plot. I'm not sure that I'm convinced of this whole think about Catrin being a strong heroine. She seemed more like a weak child to me.
oge123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oge123.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by oge123 »

gali wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 23:36 This is a discussion topic for the September 2018 Book of the Month, "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner. What is your overall opinion of the Apollo's Raven? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on Bookshelves.
I have read some of the reviews. It seems the book is an A+. Now am itching to get hold of a copy.
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 420 »

The most thing I loved in the Appolo's Raven is that it taught me about how to live your life in a simple manner and don't think about hard situations in life.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

420 wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 06:44 The most thing I loved in the Appolo's Raven is that it taught me about how to live your life in a simple manner and don't think about hard situations in life.
Which character had that impact on you? Was it Catrin, her sister, or her mother? They all seemed to plod on with what they wanted to do regardless of expectations.
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

I enjoyed reading the review and I loved the plot of this book. Historical fantasy with a bit of romance would be an interesting read for me. I will soon be reading this one.
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

It was a very interesting read and I even got to learn more about the Celtic and Roman history.
ShareTheGift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by ShareTheGift »

I like historical fiction so I was pleased with this novel. Blending Roman with Celtic was very interesting to me and the writer did as much research as she likely could have done with no first hand Celt references.

I did have a little bit of an issue with how Catrin and Marcellus romance came together. However, when I read that Agrona had a hand in it, it made more sense.
Juliar252
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliar252.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Juliar252 »

I haven't read this yet, but it is definitely on my to-read list now after hearing it blends mythology, history, fantasy, and romance. I am a bit hesitant however after reading The Girl Who Knew DaVinci because I felt the romance overshadowed all the other elements, but the mythology aspect is new and very interesting to me. It sounds like it is definitely worth the read though, especially as I love books that are so interesting and fast-moving I can't put them down.
Alexandre876
Currently Reading:

Post by Alexandre876 »

I like the fact it has incorporated some of the fundamental things that builds our today's society..A lil superstition with a lil olden days scenarios.. kudos to the author of a well crafted masterpiece
Calypso Terrier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calypso-terrier.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Calypso Terrier »

I really like how this book had lots of mythological adventure. It was a great read and I really enjoyed the story.
MelodyR24
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melodyr24.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by MelodyR24 »

I really enjoyed the book, Linnea Tanner has an amazing way of describing the characters so I could actually visualize them - from looks to smells to sounds. Loved it!
sirrichie

Post by sirrichie »

Am a big fan of Historical fantasy. So the book was great for me.
The plot tend to be a balance between the young and the general public as long as you fall into the category of one who can allow your imaginations travel.
But the romance wasn't really a turn on for me even though am a fan of romance.
I rate it 3 out of 4
marklempiris

Post by marklempiris »

I totally like the book it has the best story line and I feel like reading it over and over. About the rating am going to give it around 8 out of 10
TMB123
Currently Reading:

Post by TMB123 »

The historical details are vividly illustrated and I love reading historical aspects as they represent past memories which I miss much.
I can give it 7 points of 10
Roost-2001

Post by Roost-2001 »

I enjoyed the story and myth behind it all but I wish the main character's story could have been a little more detailed on how they fell in love however. But overall I love the journey in the mystery behind this particular series so I'm looking forward to book two

Return to “Discuss "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner”