Which character did you identify with the most?

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
Essie_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essie-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Which character did you identify with the most?

Post by Essie_Reviews »

I think Rex is actually the most important type of character in this story in context to where our world currently stands. We can look at ourselves and see how desensitized we are to everything around us, not just to all of the bad things going on in world but simply, in general, most of us are on autopilot, doing what needs to be done and waiting for the weekend or the couple of hours we have to ourselves before we go to bed and repeat the day all over again. Rex developing a sense of compassion which is the foundation of awareness, to override his programming is endearing when thinking about the imagery that creates in our case. The concept of developing a sense of compassion for one another and becoming aware of our power to take responsibility for ourselves and care for our lives and the lives of those around us, breaking that autopilot a lot of us are in? Pretty poetic.
Imagineering.
Emmacinderclaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmacinderclaw.html
Latest Review: Tulip by Raymond Reed Hardy

Post by Emmacinderclaw »

I've got to say Rex. I'm not so sure I identified with him, but he was by far my favorite character. I just really loved how he was able to go against his nature, which was probably my favorite part of the book.

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”