Endings

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-horta-alonso.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Endings

Post by David Horta Alonso »

I hate books endings in which the characters take law into their own hands. I like to see persons subjected to the judicial system.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Suicide at the end is the punishment given by himself to killer. If he didn't kill himself than might be caught by others and might be punished.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I found myself sad that he committed suicide in a way because this never is the answer, but I know many are so despondent that it seems to be right at the time. I was still trying to get over the death of Kelly! That actually took me by surprise completely. So when it seemed he went over the ledge, and then I flipped the page, I was actually happy to see that he didn't go through with it. And, I feel like this author better now write the sequel or I will always wonder what could have come next. There was such a good stream of sarcastic humor in this book that I felt like the author was having one last laugh at all of us who were about to grieve over his main character! Great ending, I thought.
Everything happens for a reason...
Mary WhiteFace
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

SPOILER ALERT:

After all he had been through, to have it end in suicide...The End.

That would just be wrong. I felt such relief wash over me when I realized that it was all in his mind.

I love the way it ended. He climbs into the Chrome Wind, and flies away. Destination unknown. That means the possibilities are limitless.

It left me with a feeling of hope. No matter how hard life is, with all it's heartache and disappointments. We have a choice. Give up, or fly into the unknown where anything can happen.

Hopefully, what happens is another book. 💕
mcfeealexis
Currently Reading: #Nerd
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcfeealexis.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by mcfeealexis »

I think the suicidal ending had a more dramatic and lasting ending on the readers. I loved that someone will end their own life know what it means to them and others that have died at their hands.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I prefer the real ending more. It may not be what many would have anticipated after reading the fake ending and wishing for one that is tragic too, but this is one is as well amazing. It was a turn that no one would have expected I guess. It will provide an opportunity for the author to a sequel if he chooses to also.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Tiny_Turtle wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:39 SPOILER ALERT:

That would just be wrong. I felt such relief wash over me when I realized that it was all in his mind.

I love the way it ended. He climbs into the Chrome Wind, and flies away. Destination unknown. That means the possibilities are limitless.

It left me with a feeling of hope. No matter how hard life is, with all it's heartache and disappointments. We have a choice. Give up, or fly into the unknown where anything can happen.

Wow. This is just awesome. I like your perspective of view. Indeed, it is a lesson to us in our normal life too; either give up or go and begin the journey afresh. Agent Silver flying to an unknown place leaves some curiosity in the reader about what happens next. I hope that there will be a sequel to this.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Mary WhiteFace
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

Kibetious wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 07:04
Tiny_Turtle wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:39 SPOILER ALERT:

Wow. This is just awesome. I like your perspective of view. Indeed, it is a lesson to us in our normal life too; either give up or go and begin the journey afresh. Agent Silver flying to an unknown place leaves some curiosity in the reader about what happens next. I hope that there will be a sequel to this.
Thank you for your comments.. I would like to see a sequel where there is more about what life is like for the average citizen. I'd also like to know what happened with Rex and the Shredders, in addition to finding out where Sliver ends up.
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I think it is good to note that the author is intending to write a sequel. Perhaps this was on his mind all along. For me, the ending was just perfect. Let the curiosity of what happens to Agent Silver continue to linger around.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

David Horta Alonso wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 08:49 I hate books endings in which the characters take law into their own hands. I like to see persons subjected to the judicial system.
This is a good view from the legal system perspective. I do agree with you. It will be good to read what happened to him eventually.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

cpru68 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 13:06 I found myself sad that he committed suicide in a way because this never is the answer, but I know many are so despondent that it seems to be right at the time. I was still trying to get over the death of Kelly! That actually took me by surprise completely. So when it seemed he went over the ledge, and then I flipped the page, I was actually happy to see that he didn't go through with it. And, I feel like this author better now write the sequel or I will always wonder what could have come next. There was such a good stream of sarcastic humor in this book that I felt like the author was having one last laugh at all of us who were about to grieve over his main character! Great ending, I thought.
I got the biggest shock when Kelly died. I felt like she had a bigger role to play. I was so sad. But I suppose that she had quite an impact on Sliver - and that was her purpose. I was actually also really happy that he didn't jump. It felt like a bit of a cop-out. And I agree! Let's hope for a sequel :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:

I disagree, suicidal ending is dangerous to the book. The murderer ought to be subjected to the justice system. Suicide is morally unacceptable.
Harzelryan
Favorite Book: The Hand Bringer
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harzelryan.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Harzelryan »

I found the tragic suicide ending very satisfying it finalizes the book
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:

Death is not the best punishment for an offender. It merely makes the offended just the same With the offender. They both take away people's lives. I think Agent silver should seek out to the peolee and make a public apology.
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:

I was disappointed by the ending. It did not bring out a proper moral lesson. There is no lesson in death.

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”