"Lair of Dreams" by Libba Bray

Members of the forum read the same book at the same time and discuss it.
Warning: discussions here will contain spoilers.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

"Lair of Dreams" by Libba Bray

Post by gali »

Read-A-Long of Read-A-Long of Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hi there :)

I was wondering how far have you gotten in this book? I haven't gotten too far, but plan on reading/catching up this week. :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 10:48 Hi there :)

I was wondering how far have you gotten in this book? I haven't gotten too far, but plan on reading/catching up this week. :)
I also didn't get far, as I was busy. I finished the first chapter and plan on catching up this week as well. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Okay, that's good I'm too behind, then. :D
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 09:31 Okay, that's good I'm too behind, then. :D
Where are you in the book? I am on page 69, and hope to read more tonight.

Spoilers up to "The devil business":
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Evie didn't change. She still strives for attention and now got her own radio show! :shock:
The rift between her and her uncle wasn't really surprising!

The concept of concept of dream walking is cool! I liked ling. I prefer her to Evie! How cool that she, just like Henry, a dream walker, and she can speak to the dead! I was surprised to find out she is disabled. I wonder if she Henry will meet in real life and not just in dreams. Henry searches for his friend in the dreams is touching.

This sleepiness sickness remind me a theme in one of King's books. I think King wrote about a similar thing. George's death took me by surprise. I didn't expect that!

I wonder who are the guys that tag the museum.
A retired Admin/Mod

gali

Post by gali »

Where are you in the book?
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 02:11
Hi! I'm so sorry for the delay. It's been a bit hectic here and I haven't had the chance to do much reading or much of anything on the computer. Right now, I'm about two chapters away from "The Devil's Business".

I will try to catch up within a day or so, but then I have my wisdom teeth surgery. Though I will be out of it for a day or two and I'm not allowed to do anything for that time, I might be able to read some more then!

I'm really enjoying it so far and I love that we are introduced to some newer characters, specifically the Chinese ones. That sleeping sickness is some serious creepy and scary stuff, but I'm excited that Ling meets Henry in a dream sequence and I can't wait to see them interact again in that way!

Again, I apologize and will try to keep up.
Heidi

gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 21:48
gali wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 02:11
Hi! I'm so sorry for the delay. It's been a bit hectic here and I haven't had the chance to do much reading or much of anything on the computer. Right now, I'm about two chapters away from "The Devil's Business".

I will try to catch up within a day or so, but then I have my wisdom teeth surgery. Though I will be out of it for a day or two and I'm not allowed to do anything for that time, I might be able to read some more then!

I'm really enjoying it so far and I love that we are introduced to some newer characters, specifically the Chinese ones. That sleeping sickness is some serious creepy and scary stuff, but I'm excited that Ling meets Henry in a dream sequence and I can't wait to see them interact again in that way!

Again, I apologize and will try to keep up.
No rush. :)

Good luck with your operation and take care!

I love the Chinese characters!

It is ok. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

My surgery went well, thank you. I can now chew some soft food. :)

Okay, so I made up until "The Devil's Business"! I should be able to read a bit more consistently now. Thank you for being patient. :tiphat:
gali wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 12:56 Spoilers up to "The devil business":
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Evie didn't change. She still strives for attention and now got her own radio show! :shock:
The rift between her and her uncle wasn't really surprising!

The concept of concept of dream walking is cool! I liked ling. I prefer her to Evie! How cool that she, just like Henry, a dream walker, and she can speak to the dead! I was surprised to find out she is disabled. I wonder if she Henry will meet in real life and not just in dreams. Henry searches for his friend in the dreams is touching.

This sleepiness sickness remind me a theme in one of King's books. I think King wrote about a similar thing. George's death took me by surprise. I didn't expect that!

I wonder who are the guys that tag the museum.
Evie is so annoying. Can't believe (I can actually) how ridiculous she is being. I know! If I was her relative, I would also want to separate myself from her.

I love the dream walking idea! I bet Ling feels whole and better in her dreams, since she walks like everyone else. It was surprising that she was disabled, but I really like that the author is trying to be diverse in her characters again. Speaking to the dead is awesome. I can totally see her and Henry trying to figure out who or what is killing everyone in their dreams. Is Henry's friend more than a friend? Like someone he loves?

Also, I prefer Ling over Evie any day!

Really? I haven't read anything by King, so I had no idea. Which book was that? Was it one of his less intense books? I know! George's death? I did not see that coming. The poor kid.

Yeah, I am curious about those guys, too.

I feel so bad for Jericho! Not only because he likes Evie (ew), but also she doesn't reciprocate. I mean I'm glad she's not reciprocating because her friend likes him, but I feel bad that he's so hung up on her.

Where are you now?
Heidi

gali

Post by gali »

I am glad to hear it went well. Take care and no worries. I am in "Ghosts", p 173, but no rush. I have to finish a couple of books anyway, so I will wait for you to reach it. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 23:33 I am glad to hear it went well. Take care and no worries. I am in "Ghosts", p 173, but no rush. I have to finish a couple of books anyway, so I will wait for you to reach it. :)
Thank you. :) Okie dokes, I'll let you know when I'm there. Thank you for willing to wait. :tiphat:
Heidi

josie lazo06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by josie lazo06 »

hello! I haven't read the books but I think its interesting.
gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 09:20
gali wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 23:33 I am glad to hear it went well. Take care and no worries. I am in "Ghosts", p 173, but no rush. I have to finish a couple of books anyway, so I will wait for you to reach it. :)
Thank you. :) Okie dokes, I'll let you know when I'm there. Thank you for willing to wait. :tiphat:
No problem and take it easy. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Okay, I made it up to "Ghosts"! :dance:

Can't believe Blind Bill is still around Memphis and his family! I know they don't know what happened, but I wasn't happy that he was still around them and hasn't been caught.

As obnoxious Sam can be, according to Evie (though she's no picnic either), I couldn't help but laugh when he acted so lovey towards Evie in front of reporters. :lol: Though I do feel awful for Jericho and upset that Evie wants to continue "being engaged" with Sam as a way to become more famous. That's insane!

It was funny when Wai-Mae entered the dream and approached Ling. I didn't trust her at first (and I'm still not sure), but when Wai-Mae started babbling, I found the whole situation humorous. I like that the author can include some humor in her books.

I'm so happy for Henry for being able to find Louis! Although, I don't know why weren't the first words, "This is where I live, come find me". I would have been spitting that information out as soon as possible in case the dream would abruptly...like it kind of did. Although, maybe it doesn't make for an interesting story.

So, I am super curious about Adelaide Proctor and her desire of keeping the dead away from her dreams. Hmm...could she have something to do with the sleeping sickness? Is that Addie from the first book (Addie and Lillian) or is she another Addie?

Also, I hope the author goes into Project Buffalo more in this book.

Have you read more? If so, where are you at now?

Thanks again for being patient and waiting. :tiphat:
Heidi

gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 13:58 Okay, I made it up to "Ghosts"! :dance:

Can't believe Blind Bill is still around Memphis and his family! I know they don't know what happened, but I wasn't happy that he was still around them and hasn't been caught.

As obnoxious Sam can be, according to Evie (though she's no picnic either), I couldn't help but laugh when he acted so lovey towards Evie in front of reporters. :lol: Though I do feel awful for Jericho and upset that Evie wants to continue "being engaged" with Sam as a way to become more famous. That's insane!

It was funny when Wai-Mae entered the dream and approached Ling. I didn't trust her at first (and I'm still not sure), but when Wai-Mae started babbling, I found the whole situation humorous. I like that the author can include some humor in her books.

I'm so happy for Henry for being able to find Louis! Although, I don't know why weren't the first words, "This is where I live, come find me". I would have been spitting that information out as soon as possible in case the dream would abruptly...like it kind of did. Although, maybe it doesn't make for an interesting story.

So, I am super curious about Adelaide Proctor and her desire of keeping the dead away from her dreams. Hmm...could she have something to do with the sleeping sickness? Is that Addie from the first book (Addie and Lillian) or is she another Addie?

Also, I hope the author goes into Project Buffalo more in this book.

Have you read more? If so, where are you at now?

Thanks again for being patient and waiting. :tiphat:
Great and no problem. it gave me a chance to read some other books that waited for me. :)

I dislike Blind Bill immensely, and I hope he will get punished for his evil deeds.

Evie is irritating as ever! I can't believe she got her own radio program!

I liked Wai-Mae and Ling. I wonder what is store for them.

I also liked that Henry was able to find Louis at least in the dream.

Adelaide is an intriguing character. I wondered what her deal is.

I didn't continued reading, as I wanted us to read at the same time. I will read more this week. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Read-a-long forum”