Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire

Members of the forum read the same book at the same time and discuss it.
Warning: discussions here will contain spoilers.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Re: Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire

Post by Gravy »

She does many more and we're likely to get something like that. :lol:
She writes the InCrypted series and she has an encyclopedia of the different cryptids on her website.

I know she has at least two books planned in advance (not counting Absent Dream), and she's not planning either to be Kade's.
The one after Absent Dream is already titled (and probably mostly written), and I am really hoping for Christopher after that!

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll be getting them for a while.

I actually know who's book Absent Dream is, and I'm looking forward to it. :D
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I opened a thread for the second book. Could you please refresh my memory about what happened to Jack and Jill at the end?
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Gravy wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 23:29 She does many more and we're likely to get something like that. :lol:
She writes the InCrypted series and she has an encyclopedia of the different cryptids on her website.

I know she has at least two books planned in advance (not counting Absent Dream), and she's not planning either to be Kade's.
The one after Absent Dream is already titled (and probably mostly written), and I am really hoping for Christopher after that!

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll be getting them for a while.

I actually know who's book Absent Dream is, and I'm looking forward to it. :D
Nice!

I'm glad to hear that she has even more planned! Kade's and Christopher's stories would be great to read about.

Oh, cool! I'm glad you know who Absent Dream focuses on. Maybe after I read the next two, I will, too!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 06:41 I opened a thread for the second book. Could you please refresh my memory about what happened to Jack and Jill at the end?
Thank you!

We find out that Jill was the one who murdered Sumi, Loriel, and Lundy to take the best part of each person in order to create the perfect girl. She thought every world would want the "perfect girl" and that her world's doorway would open for her. Once the two would walk in, Jill would murder that girl and return back to her Master. I believe it was said that Jill was a vampire, too.

In the end, Jack ends up stabbing/disarming Jill, so she wouldn't be as harmful and their doorway opened. Jack took Jill's body into the world they came from.

I think that was pretty much it. Anything else you remember, Gravy?
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 07:55
gali wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 06:41 I opened a thread for the second book. Could you please refresh my memory about what happened to Jack and Jill at the end?
Thank you!

We find out that Jill was the one who murdered Sumi, Loriel, and Lundy to take the best part of each person in order to create the perfect girl. She thought every world would want the "perfect girl" and that her world's doorway would open for her. Once the two would walk in, Jill would murder that girl and return back to her Master. I believe it was said that Jill was a vampire, too.

In the end, Jack ends up stabbing/disarming Jill, so she wouldn't be as harmful and their doorway opened. Jack took Jill's body into the world they came from.

Thank you, I remember now. :)

Didn't Jack leave that world in the first place because of her sis?
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 07:58
Thank you!

Thank you, I remember now. :)

Didn't Jack leave that world in the first place because of her sis?
Glad I could help. :tiphat:

Yes, I think so. I remember Jack not wanting to leave that world. She actually liked it. Also, the doctor would have welcomed Jack back anytime, not Jill. Jack always stayed behind because of Jill.
Heidi

Gravy

Post by Gravy »

Thank you!

Just a little note for clarification...

Jack killed Jill (Jill was not yet a vampire when they left their world), which was why they could return to their world: Jill's Master wouldn't want her anymore, because once she was brought back she couldn't be turned into a vampire. :tiphat:

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Gravy wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 20:54
Thank you!

Just a little note for clarification...

Jack killed Jill (Jill was not yet a vampire when they left their world), which was why they could return to their world: Jill's Master wouldn't want her anymore, because once she was brought back she couldn't be turned into a vampire. :tiphat:
Thank you for the clarification :tiphat:
Heidi

Gravy

Post by Gravy »

:tiphat:

gali

Post by gali »

Thank you guys for refreshing my memory. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 22:37 Thank you guys for refreshing my memory. :)
:handgestures-thumbup:
Heidi

Return to “Read-a-long forum”