Read-A-Long of "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartma

Members of the forum read the same book at the same time and discuss it.
Warning: discussions here will contain spoilers.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Re: Read-A-Long of "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartma

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 05 May 2021, 13:57 I also felt sorry for Glisselda. I also don't think she loves Lucian, but it still isn't fair to her.

Of course. I have another book I want to read anyway, so no problem. We can start it whenever you can. There is no rush. :)
I agree about Glisselda.

Sounds good! I'll let you know when I'm done and ready to start the next one. I'm thinking by next week I should be good to start. :handgestures-thumbup:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 05 May 2021, 14:02
hsimone wrote: 05 May 2021, 13:55 So, overall - I enjoyed the book very much and it held my interest throughout most of the story telling. I can't believe Fruit Bat/Abdo can't physically speak. I love how diverse each of the part-dragons are. He's come to be one of my favorite characters and I hope we see more of him in the next book. Also, I can't wait to see the rest of the part-dragons!

I've come to like Glisselda more as the book progressed, and it seems like she's going to be fair leader.

Glad that Seraphina's grandfather is gone! He kept causing too many problems and was too reckless.

It was so great to see Seraphina finally being able to accept and share who she truly is with others. Being a part-dragon isn't her fault and she is a kind person, so she deserves to feel loved and happiness no matter what.

I like the storytelling and the cast of characters in the book. Though I will say I felt like I was thrown for a loop when I found out that Seraphina has several step-siblings? Maybe I missed it from before, but I thought that was so out-of-the-blue that I did a double take when I was reading their short appearance.

Hopefully, the second one is just as good (or better)!
You summed it perfectly!

I really liked Fruit Bat/Abdo and was as surprised as you to learn about his disability due to his dragon tongue.

I loved the diversity of the part-dragons as well. They were well-drawn.

The author only mentioned the step-siblings once, toward the end of the book. It was indeed too abrupt and not enough details were supplied.

I also hope the second book is good. The reviews on it are mixed.
Thank you so saying so!

Ah okay. So I wasn't crazy when the author just mentioned the step-siblings as if we already knew about them when we didn't.

Oh boy, guess we'll see what the next one brings!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “Read-a-long forum”