Read-A-Long of the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

Members of the forum read the same book at the same time and discuss it.
Warning: discussions here will contain spoilers.
Empan16
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-empan16.html
Latest Review: Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Read-A-Long of the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

Post by Empan16 »

My sister and I are going to be doing a guided reading discussion with set pages that have to be read by a certain time. We are also going to be discussing it. We thought it would be fun to include more people! Stay tuned for more details. First chunk of reading coming soon!
Empan16

Post by Empan16 »

We are starting off the Read-A-Long by reading the first two chapters of the book! Let us know what you thought about the those when you are done reading!
alicia_fountain
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8717">The Brothers Karamazov</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia-fountain.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov

Post by alicia_fountain »

It has been a long time since I read those books. I, unfortunately, don't have the books anymore. How far have you and your sister gotten?
Empan16

Post by Empan16 »

alicia_fountain wrote: 17 May 2020, 11:58 It has been a long time since I read those books. I, unfortunately, don't have the books anymore. How far have you and your sister gotten?
We actually took a break from reading due to school and whatnot. My goal is to get back into it and hopefully get some more people involved! If you get your hands on any, let us know! We are looking forward to reading the books!
CozyReader-123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozyreader-123.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by CozyReader-123 »

I am so in. I would love to be a part of this read a long discussion. Harry Potter was actually something I had no interest in reading. I was simply waiting on the experience of watching the movies as they came out. I was in my year of secondary and busy with A levels, so time was of the essence.
A friend of mine, a die hard Pothead, was horrified at my declaration of never wanting to read the series.

She proceeded to take biology textbooks as hostage, dragged me to the school library and handed me a copy of the Philosopher's Stone. The rest, as they are prone to say, was history. Not ashamed to say, I completed the first half of the book in one sitting. I missed my afternoon classes. That same friend walked into the library at the end of the day, and started to laugh when she realised how engrossed I was in the book.

She definitely told me so.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

Harry Potter series is one of the best series of all time. I enjoyed it a lot and it relates to me.
Lizzie Mustard
Favorite Book: The Moonstone
Currently Reading: Lessons in Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-mustard.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Lizzie Mustard »

I started to read the Harry Potter books well before they were made into films. I tried hard to like them as I think JK Rowling is an inspiration. Sad to say, I just couldn't get into the story at all and gave up after the first chapter. However I think it's great that this series has got so many kids interested in reading.

Return to “Read-a-long forum”