Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Re: New Forum: Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Post by Yssimnar » 05 Aug 2018, 10:58

I am on a PC and don't see the "New Topic" button either :{
:wink:

achintis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by achintis » 15 Aug 2018, 08:36

Bookmermaid wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 12:41
I would like to read The Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler. Is there anyone who is also interested in reading this book.
I have heard great things about this book. Unfortunately, I have started on a huge reading project. It is on my list though.

achintis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by achintis » 15 Aug 2018, 08:41

This is probably a long shot, but I am starting the Great Books of the Western World as compiled by Adler. Would anyone want to join me in that task? It's a huge commitment, but should be quite rewarding.

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
2018 Reading Goal: 65
2017 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 55
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 78
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: Black
Bookshelf Size: 884

Post by Gravy » 16 Aug 2018, 23:18

achintis wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 08:41
This is probably a long shot, but I am starting the Great Books of the Western World as compiled by Adler. Would anyone want to join me in that task? It's a huge commitment, but should be quite rewarding.
I added it to the list. :tiphat:
If we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.

We've all got light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”