Should Angela Be Pregnant?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
User avatar
Tamorie21
Posts: 81
Joined: 17 Jan 2018, 17:44
2018 Reading Goal: 45
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: China Dolls
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Should Angela Be Pregnant?

Post by Tamorie21 » 07 Jul 2018, 20:53

420waystoreachthesun wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 03:19
No, I don't think she should. I don't know why there is a human fixation with pregnancy. The world is imploding.
Maybe you shouldn't look at it as a fixation on pregnancy as much as it is a concern as to whether the book ended on a believable note. The novel itself awarded pregnancy (and sex) so much importance that a reader would need to be fairly oblivious to not think of pregnancy as being the second milestone in Alex and Angela's life together. Both Sophia and Fioretta only had their children as a lasting memory of their lovers, so I thought it natural that Angela's story progress in the same direction, albeit with a much happier ending.

User avatar
CinWin
Posts: 161
Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 18:42
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading: Missing the Mark
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami
Location: California

Post by CinWin » 09 Jul 2018, 14:53

I think that the book ends in such a way to get the reader thinking that there might be a next book. Perhaps this is when a possible child would come in. If she put it in this book she would have to write another book. This kind of leaves it all up in the air.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----

User avatar
Cara Van Heerden
Posts: 57
Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 02:14
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 68
Currently Reading: Desolation
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0
Location: South Africa

Post by Cara Van Heerden » 09 Jul 2018, 15:34

Oh, I didn't think about that. Making Angela pregnant would've brought the story a bit more full circle, hey? Because it starts with a pregnancy, ending it with one would have been a nice touch. I like stories that do that. It makes them feel more complete somehow.
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

User avatar
fanix1718
Posts: 46
Joined: 09 Jun 2018, 21:30
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 170
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanix1718.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Location: United Sates

Post by fanix1718 » 09 Jul 2018, 21:10

People always make it seem like getting pregnant is really easy but it's not. A lot of things have to be set in place for it to happen. That's why some couples try for years before achieving pregnancy.

User avatar
Cara Van Heerden
Posts: 57
Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 02:14
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 68
Currently Reading: Desolation
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0
Location: South Africa

Post by Cara Van Heerden » 10 Jul 2018, 07:37

fanix1718 wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 21:10
People always make it seem like getting pregnant is really easy but it's not. A lot of things have to be set in place for it to happen. That's why some couples try for years before achieving pregnancy.
That is very true, actually. Good point. It's not just health factors either. Even the time of the month is important.
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Thimble
Posts: 261
Joined: 28 Mar 2015, 17:00
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 66
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thimble.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484
Location: California

Post by Thimble » 10 Jul 2018, 09:30

Cara Van Heerden wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 07:37
fanix1718 wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 21:10
People always make it seem like getting pregnant is really easy but it's not. A lot of things have to be set in place for it to happen. That's why some couples try for years before achieving pregnancy.
That is very true, actually. Good point. It's not just health factors either. Even the time of the month is important.
This is true, but in this book pregnancy seems to be extremely easy and accidental, so I would not be surprised if it only took a week. Though, since it was only a week, it wouldn't explain all of her emotions and dependency.
"You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee

User avatar
crediblereading2
Posts: 638
Joined: 19 Jan 2018, 13:32
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: No Dogs on the Beach by John Madell

Post by crediblereading2 » 10 Jul 2018, 21:50

A person should never be in a hurry to get pregnant. It should be a planned decision between both the man and the woman involved. All suitable preparations should be made prior to this pregnancy. Wait, Angela, wait.

User avatar
Cara Van Heerden
Posts: 57
Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 02:14
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 68
Currently Reading: Desolation
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0
Location: South Africa

Post by Cara Van Heerden » 11 Jul 2018, 04:57

Thimble wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 09:30
Cara Van Heerden wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 07:37
fanix1718 wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 21:10
People always make it seem like getting pregnant is really easy but it's not. A lot of things have to be set in place for it to happen. That's why some couples try for years before achieving pregnancy.
That is very true, actually. Good point. It's not just health factors either. Even the time of the month is important.
This is true, but in this book pregnancy seems to be extremely easy and accidental, so I would not be surprised if it only took a week. Though, since it was only a week, it wouldn't explain all of her emotions and dependency.
Ah, well, fiction can be that way. It's too easy as an author to look over how things happen in real life for the sake of a great story. 😂 The silver lining is that this book is still enjoyable, even though some things might not be strictly factual.
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

AngharadB
Posts: 13
Joined: 02 Apr 2018, 14:47
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angharadb.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by AngharadB » 11 Jul 2018, 09:33

Lots of women have trouble conceiving even when they are trying so it’s not implausible that someone doesn’t conceive even with unprotected sex.

User avatar
Tamorie21
Posts: 81
Joined: 17 Jan 2018, 17:44
2018 Reading Goal: 45
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: China Dolls
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post by Tamorie21 » 11 Jul 2018, 11:57

Cara Van Heerden wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 15:34
Oh, I didn't think about that. Making Angela pregnant would've brought the story a bit more full circle, hey? Because it starts with a pregnancy, ending it with one would have been a nice touch. I like stories that do that. It makes them feel more complete somehow.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking after I finished it. I mean, I definitely enjoyed the cliffhanger as it was, but I think I was just expecting something else (like most people do when they've reached a cliffhanger). Although, since they didn't speak of pregnancy in this book, it makes me excited for the next book because what if their child is connected to the whole mystery also (me spouting conspiracy theories now :lol2: )?

User avatar
Tamorie21
Posts: 81
Joined: 17 Jan 2018, 17:44
2018 Reading Goal: 45
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: China Dolls
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post by Tamorie21 » 11 Jul 2018, 12:05

Thimble wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 09:30
Cara Van Heerden wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 07:37
fanix1718 wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 21:10
People always make it seem like getting pregnant is really easy but it's not. A lot of things have to be set in place for it to happen. That's why some couples try for years before achieving pregnancy.
That is very true, actually. Good point. It's not just health factors either. Even the time of the month is important.
This is true, but in this book pregnancy seems to be extremely easy and accidental, so I would not be surprised if it only took a week. Though, since it was only a week, it wouldn't explain all of her emotions and dependency.
Yes, that's my point exactly! Everything seems to fit a sort of mold in the novel, so I was simply going with the flow and expecting yet another easy/early pregnancy. And don't even get me started on Angela's emotional state... 😂
Cara Van Heerden wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 04:57

Ah, well, fiction can be that way. It's too easy as an author to look over how things happen in real life for the sake of a great story. 😂 The silver lining is that this book is still enjoyable, even though some things might not be strictly factual.
Fiction is always a toss-up. It's enjoyable but then there are those instances where you cock your head to the side and the book leaves you thinking for minutes on end :lol2: I agree, the take away is, the book was still enjoyable haha

User avatar
Cara Van Heerden
Posts: 57
Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 02:14
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 68
Currently Reading: Desolation
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0
Location: South Africa

Post by Cara Van Heerden » 12 Jul 2018, 05:25

Tamorie21 wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 11:57
Cara Van Heerden wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 15:34
Oh, I didn't think about that. Making Angela pregnant would've brought the story a bit more full circle, hey? Because it starts with a pregnancy, ending it with one would have been a nice touch. I like stories that do that. It makes them feel more complete somehow.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking after I finished it. I mean, I definitely enjoyed the cliffhanger as it was, but I think I was just expecting something else (like most people do when they've reached a cliffhanger). Although, since they didn't speak of pregnancy in this book, it makes me excited for the next book because what if their child is connected to the whole mystery also (me spouting conspiracy theories now :lol2: )?
Oooh! I sense the beginnings of a fan theory 😂😂.
Tamorie21 wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 12:05
Cara Van Heerden wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 04:57

Ah, well, fiction can be that way. It's too easy as an author to look over how things happen in real life for the sake of a great story. 😂 The silver lining is that this book is still enjoyable, even though some things might not be strictly factual.
Fiction is always a toss-up. It's enjoyable but then there are those instances where you cock your head to the side and the book leaves you thinking for minutes on end :lol2: I agree, the take away is, the book was still enjoyable haha
Yeah, I agree! But then those times it does make you think are awesome too because it means you are growing as a person because of what you just read. Books are amazing. They just are 😁
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

User avatar
HouseOfAtticus
Posts: 221
Joined: 05 Nov 2017, 10:12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus » 12 Jul 2018, 11:27

I'm tired of pregnancy stories. I can do without one.

User avatar
LaurenHaupt
Posts: 243
Joined: 28 Apr 2018, 20:19
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Call Me Pomeroy by James Hanna
Location: Illinois

Post by LaurenHaupt » 13 Jul 2018, 00:19

Everyone loves a baby. Would be an emotional ending and a new beginning.

User avatar
samiam013
Posts: 54
Joined: 01 Jul 2018, 19:51
2018 Reading Goal: 35
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 154
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samiam013.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Location: Lost In A Great Book

Post by samiam013 » 15 Jul 2018, 12:59

There was a line in the book which referred to the use of protection and Alex not caring if Angela did get pregnant. So, I do believe a baby will be in the works maybe by the next book. It seems as though it is the next step due to the past life passages we read in book one.
"Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything". (Plato) :reading-7:

Smiles are contagious so infect someone today! :D

Post Reply

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”