Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Nmesoma
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading: Norse Mythology
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Re: Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Post by Nmesoma » 13 Jun 2018, 19:40

Seems so, there is still much in the plot that is unanswered.

bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: A-Z of Animal Limericks by Kate Condon

Post by bookowlie » 13 Jun 2018, 20:11

The two past lives in this story already requires a suspension of disbelief. If Angela is going to have other past lives in Book 2, that would be mind-boggling. That's why I would have preferred she just had visions rather than past-life regression. Then it would make more sense to have visions about different people or artwork in the next books in the series.
"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship" - Louisa May Alcott

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 64
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 508
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: Just a Shelter Dog by Sally H. Cronk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina » 14 Jun 2018, 03:39

I read a post from the author about her ideas for the next books in the series. She mentioned Picasso and Rembrandt. The "Out of Time" series could involve other people who lived in the past or other artists with misattributed works.

I don't think I can handle Angela as another woman of the past.

bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: A-Z of Animal Limericks by Kate Condon

Post by bookowlie » 14 Jun 2018, 12:59

Miriam Molina wrote:
14 Jun 2018, 03:39
I read a post from the author about her ideas for the next books in the series. She mentioned Picasso and Rembrandt. The "Out of Time" series could involve other people who lived in the past or other artists with misattributed works.

I don't think I can handle Angela as another woman of the past.
I feel the same way about Angela having more past lives. However, I am intrigued about including other famous artist in future books. The author certainly did a good job with the historical aspects in this story.
"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship" - Louisa May Alcott

kdstrack
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: The Book of Lies
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Maddie's Chronicle by Daniel O Stuhlman

Post by kdstrack » 15 Jun 2018, 20:41

The ending definitely leaves it open for more stories with these two characters. Since Angela can travel back in time, the possibilities would be endless!

Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Manali_DC » 16 Jun 2018, 05:10

Dael Reader wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 11:05
She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
Well-- I have read books that use a lot of academia and research and facts as the basis for detective work! And those books are interesting and informative- but this book does not pretend to be anything like that! I thought it was a pretty unusual and interesting concept to have a main character who gets thrown into these situations because she seems to have a window into the past!
The title of the book, I think, automatically reminds readers of the Dan Brown books and a certain expectation . I reviewed this book recently and realised it is an enjoyable, vacation read of the romantic suspense genre!

Dael Reader
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: A Second, Less Capable Head by James Hanna
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader » 16 Jun 2018, 07:47

Manali_DC wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 05:10
Dael Reader wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 11:05
She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
Well-- I have read books that use a lot of academia and research and facts as the basis for detective work! And those books are interesting and informative- but this book does not pretend to be anything like that! I thought it was a pretty unusual and interesting concept to have a main character who gets thrown into these situations because she seems to have a window into the past!
The title of the book, I think, automatically reminds readers of the Dan Brown books and a certain expectation . I reviewed this book recently and realised it is an enjoyable, vacation read of the romantic suspense genre!
Dael Reader wrote: First of all, I wouldn't call it a romance. I would call it a lust novel. There isn't much real romance involved, since the primary activity of the main characters seems to be having sex. While the idea of solving the art mysteries with a "window into the past" could be an interesting one. I think it is very poorly handled in this book. Reincarnation does not work this way. Past life regression does not work this way. What Angela seems to be experiencing are some sort of overblown spirit possessions. The author might be able to run with that if she portrays Angela as a psychic, but she chooses to say that Angela is an intelligent art historian. That doesn't work for me.

Jgideon
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks: A Physician's Advice
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Memoirs of a play-white by Helene Louiesa Mynhardt

Post by Jgideon » 17 Jun 2018, 00:01

Sushan wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 18:59
I think there is nothing for us to wonder since, amazon has revealed that this is the 1st book of a series, in the book description. :lol:
Sure. We can only wait and see if it really happens

Pden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Pden » 17 Jun 2018, 02:54

Sushan is right. We will see many books of this series which will further elaborate these characters.

crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by crediblereading2 » Yesterday, 12:56

With a book as successful as this, it would really be wise of her to write a series of this book.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”