Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Post Reply
SweetMelissaV2131
Posts: 95
Joined: 21 May 2018, 16:32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 » 09 Jun 2018, 12:44

This is the first book I've read by Belle Ami so I am not familiar with her style or other books but I can't help but wonder if she plans on turning this book into the first book of a series. What are your thoughts?

I think with the way she ended this book that it might be possible. I tend to get attached to the characters in books and movies and am always wanting more stories to develop surrounding them.

I just thought I would throw this thought out there and see what everyone else thought about the idea.

User avatar
SereneCharles
Posts: 134
Joined: 17 May 2018, 18:18
2018 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenecharles.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by SereneCharles » 10 Jun 2018, 01:38

I'm actually yet to read the book, so I don't have any thoughts about the author writing a second series. But from everyone's comment about the book, I'll sure prefer a second edition if the story didn't end in a as-a-matter-of-fact way.
Writing is so much fun. So is reading. :techie-studyingbrown:

User avatar
Riszell
Posts: 272
Joined: 08 May 2017, 01:18
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 362
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell » 10 Jun 2018, 01:55

Maybe. A lot of readers are even wanting this book to have a film adaptation, so there's a great possibility of writing more books as well.

Manali_DC
Posts: 141
Joined: 05 Jun 2017, 00:51
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Manali_DC » 10 Jun 2018, 05:48

I just read and reviewed the book recently. And there was indeed a little paragraph at the end about Angela and her visions that got me all excited about the prospect of seeing them again in another story! I liked Angela and Alex very much and would be glad to see them in some other story.

User avatar
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Posts: 7714
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 09:52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: The Dating Policy by Suzanne Eglington

Post by bookowlie » 10 Jun 2018, 07:39

Based on the Amazon description, it is the first book in the Out of Time thriller series. Also, there is a scene at the end that seems like it will lead to a new investigation.
"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship" - Louisa May Alcott

User avatar
Dael Reader
Posts: 679
Joined: 05 May 2018, 08:39
Currently Reading: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me)
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Blues for the Father by Marcel Wilson, Joseph Harrison and Barry Kohl
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader » 10 Jun 2018, 11:05

She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.

User avatar
CatInTheHat
Bookshelves Moderator
Posts: 2077
Joined: 31 May 2016, 11:53
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 90
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 98
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading: Rogue Captain
Bookshelf Size: 468
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
Latest Review: Lunch Money by Roger M. Cullen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by CatInTheHat » 10 Jun 2018, 11:30

It's listed as Book 1 in a series. I'm looking forward to what comes next ;)
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.


Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.

SweetMelissaV2131
Posts: 95
Joined: 21 May 2018, 16:32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 » 10 Jun 2018, 12:40

Ada4nathan wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 01:38
I'm actually yet to read the book, so I don't have any thoughts about the author writing a second series. But from everyone's comment about the book, I'll sure prefer a second edition if the story didn't end in a as-a-matter-of-fact way.
Yes, the author kind of dangled a little blurb in front of the reader which made me think there will be more books involving the main characters.

SweetMelissaV2131
Posts: 95
Joined: 21 May 2018, 16:32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 » 10 Jun 2018, 12:41

Riszell wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 01:55
Maybe. A lot of readers are even wanting this book to have a film adaptation, so there's a great possibility of writing more books as well.
I did see that post and was surprised at the response of readers wanting it to be made into a movie or TV show. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of that.

SweetMelissaV2131
Posts: 95
Joined: 21 May 2018, 16:32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 » 10 Jun 2018, 12:43

Manali_DC wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 05:48
I just read and reviewed the book recently. And there was indeed a little paragraph at the end about Angela and her visions that got me all excited about the prospect of seeing them again in another story! I liked Angela and Alex very much and would be glad to see them in some other story.
I also got excited with that revelation also! I enjoyed their characters as well and would love to see more adventures with them.

SweetMelissaV2131
Posts: 95
Joined: 21 May 2018, 16:32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 » 10 Jun 2018, 12:44

bookowlie wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 07:39
Based on the Amazon description, it is the first book in the Out of Time thriller series. Also, there is a scene at the end that seems like it will lead to a new investigation.
Ahhh ok. I totally missed the Amazon description of the book. I just drove right into the book from the link in the email. So I guess my question here in the forum is kind of silly. Oops!

SweetMelissaV2131
Posts: 95
Joined: 21 May 2018, 16:32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 » 10 Jun 2018, 12:47

Dael Reader wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 11:05
She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
Yes I see what you are saying. I'm wondering how it could be pulled off with the past-life regression with different storylines and mysteries. I do hope the sex scenes lessen up a little. Some of them in this book made me blush LOL

User avatar
Dael Reader
Posts: 679
Joined: 05 May 2018, 08:39
Currently Reading: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me)
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Blues for the Father by Marcel Wilson, Joseph Harrison and Barry Kohl
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader » 10 Jun 2018, 15:57

SweetMelissaV2131 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 12:47
Dael Reader wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 11:05
She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
Yes I see what you are saying. I'm wondering how it could be pulled off with the past-life regression with different storylines and mysteries. I do hope the sex scenes lessen up a little. Some of them in this book made me blush LOL
Dael Reader wrote: I wasn't blushing. I was rolling my eyes! :lol2:

SweetMelissaV2131
Posts: 95
Joined: 21 May 2018, 16:32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 » 10 Jun 2018, 17:13

Dael Reader wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 15:57
SweetMelissaV2131 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 12:47
Dael Reader wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 11:05
She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
Yes I see what you are saying. I'm wondering how it could be pulled off with the past-life regression with different storylines and mysteries. I do hope the sex scenes lessen up a little. Some of them in this book made me blush LOL
Dael Reader wrote: I wasn't blushing. I was rolling my eyes! :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2: Well yes, I was laughing too at some parts.

User avatar
Sushan
Posts: 449
Joined: 04 May 2018, 19:13
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 160
Currently Reading: Days of the Giants
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Sushan » 10 Jun 2018, 18:59

I think there is nothing for us to wonder since, amazon has revealed that this is the 1st book of a series, in the book description. :lol:
"He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help"

Abraham Lincoln



:techie-studyingbrown: $u$han €kanayak€ :techie-studyingbrown:

Post Reply

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”