Is this book good to be adopted in to a film?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Re: Is this book good to be adopted in to a film?

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I think it could work as a movie. The fans of similar movies would flock to it
Sydsalms
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydsalms.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Sydsalms »

I get so excited when a great book is turned into a movie but I am almost always disappointed. They can never include every single detail, even if it is vital to the storyline. So, could they make this book a movie and do it justice? I hope so, this would be a great movie.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

From the plot of the book I think it could be an amazing movie. I especially think that since they can explore different time periods, which done correctly can make a spectacular film.
Power Onyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-power-onyango.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Power Onyango »

I am doubtful on that. Honestly, I don't think it will make a great movie.
KMSingh
Favorite Book: Major Pettigrew's Last Stand
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmsingh.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by KMSingh »

I'm actually a screenwriter and I think the idea of the novel could be adapted to film. But, yes, BUT it would need serious development. In my opinion, the dramatic action is severely underdeveloped in the current novel. As any screenwriter worth their salt will tell you character is story and story is character. And these characters are as underdeveloped as the story. The main character seems to be Angela, but she is passive (in a dramatic sense) when it comes to the action of the story. Early on, we're told that she is brilliant and strong, yet never does anything that exhibits these characteristics. There's almost no conflict between her and Alex. The main conflict seems to be the search for the missing painting and threat that Scordato is going to harm/kill them to get it. But the Scordato story line is almost non-existent. He's a stock villain with no depth. He works against the protagonist(s), but except for one murder attempt in an alley, there's no interaction between them until the climactic scene near the end.

I think the novel has a lot of promise, but it needs a lot more work to bring that to fruition.
Nyongoina
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nyongoina »

It's the best idea ever for the book being adapted to film,more and more viewers to get the chance of the dramatic action.
Lillian Lucky
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lillian Lucky »

I think it can also be a success as long the name Da vinci is included.But i should not be mainly focused on Da vinci thou. Just the girl and the harrasment.
Mandy Males Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandy-males-cole.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Mandy Males Cole »

I agree with most of the comments above; this book would make a terrific movie! Everything you need to write a screenplay is included: intrigue, romance, suspense, and believable characters. The switch between time periods would make a great trailer. Who has a contact in hollywood??
TessaC
Currently Reading: Lara's Journal
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessac.html
Latest Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

Post by TessaC »

I think this book into a movie would be a hard sell. The magical elements would be confusing and the story line is too close to The DaVinci Code. There could be copyright infringements. The book tends to combine different movies already filmed such as DaVinci Code as mentioned and National Treasure with the stolen German painting.
CasualBookReader
Favorite Book: How to be a writer: Building your creative skills through practice and play
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casualbookreader.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by CasualBookReader »

Miriam Molina wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 17:28 I agree. There are a lot of cinematic scenes, but the budget required would be huge. I wonder who would land the coveted role of Angela.
I think this book could get the budget for a major film adaptation. A couple of dramatic actresses instantly come to my mind when I think of who should audition for the role of Angela. Jennifer Lawrence or Alicia Vikander. Preferably Alicia Vikander.
ianfrb77
Currently Reading: The Message?
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianfrb77.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by ianfrb77 »

The problem is to make it realistic, profound, and dynamic enough to draw people's attention. Failing doing so would equal a waste of time and money.
Transcendens. Humanitet. Ånd.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

Yes. I think this could be turned into a successful movie. It's a cross between The DaVinci Code and Ghost.
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

I think it would be an interesting movie. It's got romance, suspense, and mystery which are key things in a great movie. They would have to be careful with how they do her visions and not make it overly cheesy. Overall, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good film.
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
Robby Chandra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Robby Chandra »

If this book will sell for more than 1 million, I think it's quite feasible to film, but if it's not sold that much, I don't think it's worth the film.
Salma M
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Salma M »

This book does not need a film i don't think it would translate well into a movie.Some of the situations and dilemma Angela underwent are very well portrayed in the book, i don't' think a film would be able to fully demonstrate the emotions to the audience.

There is also a lot of sexual thoughts in this book.The rape thoughts in this book come out as art with the way the author puts the words together but in a film i think it would make audiences feel uncomfortable.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”