What is your favorite couple from the novel?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Post Reply
User avatar
cristinaro
Posts: 795
Joined: 07 Jan 2018, 03:51
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristinaro.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What is your favorite couple from the novel?

Post by cristinaro » 12 Jun 2018, 03:12

kjarch1228 wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 00:02
Fioretta Gorini and Giuliano de Medici are my favorite couple. Fioretta is so bold and passionate in her feelings for Giuliano. And I feel that of the three male counterparts, Giuliano is the one that sacrifices the most to be with his love, Fioretta. I also love the way they speak to one another. Their language is so romantic. I wish we had a little more insight into their love story.
If he had trully loved Fioretta, Giuliano would not have kept their marriage a secret. Then, I could have said he sacrificed everything to be with her. I wish their story had been more developed too.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)

User avatar
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 1478
Joined: 14 Feb 2018, 15:30
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 77
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: Autumn Frost by M.D. Schlatter
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Location: Louisiana

Post by kfwilson6 » 12 Jun 2018, 23:03

I'd have to say Fioretta and Giuliano. I'm having a hard time putting my finger on why, I just felt the most drawn to them. I really wanted to know more about them. Alex and Angela irritated me too much with their one week romance. Sophia and Gerhard were interesting, but I didn't feel as intrigued by them. Maybe I just wanted to know more about the subjects of da Vinci's painting.

User avatar
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Posts: 7419
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 09:52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: The Scary Snow Day by Kyle Derby Pratt

Post by bookowlie » 13 Jun 2018, 11:49

kfwilson6 wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 23:03
I'd have to say Fioretta and Giuliano. I'm having a hard time putting my finger on why, I just felt the most drawn to them. I really wanted to know more about them. Alex and Angela irritated me too much with their one week romance. Sophia and Gerhard were interesting, but I didn't feel as intrigued by them. Maybe I just wanted to know more about the subjects of da Vinci's painting.
I also found Alex and Angela's romance a little annoying. Although I enjoyed the story overall, I am not wild about the two of them being featured in future books in the series.
"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship" - Louisa May Alcott

lesler
Posts: 268
Joined: 25 Jan 2018, 21:47
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: The Moral Vacuum by Martyn Gabe
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler » 13 Jun 2018, 13:02

I liked Alex and Angela the most. They had the most developed storyline, with the possibility of a happy ending? (no spoilers here)

User avatar
Jillpillbooknerd
Posts: 122
Joined: 27 Feb 2018, 09:40
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Bookshelf Size: 1791
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
Location: Key West, Florida

Post by Jillpillbooknerd » 13 Jun 2018, 17:21

Fioretta Gorini and Giuliano de Medici were by far my favorite couple. I wish there had been more of their story in the book!

User avatar
holsam_87
Posts: 443
Joined: 03 Feb 2018, 15:45
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 64
Currently Reading: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
Location: Washington

Post by holsam_87 » 13 Jun 2018, 18:27

I'm not really sure if I have a favorite, mainly because each couple had good qualities. Fioretta and Giuliano's relationship showed more snippets of the relationship developing over time. Sophia and Gerhard lived in dangerous times and they took a lot of risks, not only with taking the wedding painting but even being together because Gerhard was a German soldier. Alex and Angela seemed to happen way too fast, even if it was all preordained by fate that they would be attracted to each other. I guess I favor the original couple based on the fact they are the foundation for everything that happened.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

User avatar
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 1478
Joined: 14 Feb 2018, 15:30
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 77
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: Autumn Frost by M.D. Schlatter
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Location: Louisiana

Post by kfwilson6 » 13 Jun 2018, 19:57

holsam_87 wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 18:27
I'm not really sure if I have a favorite, mainly because each couple had good qualities. Fioretta and Giuliano's relationship showed more snippets of the relationship developing over time. Sophia and Gerhard lived in dangerous times and they took a lot of risks, not only with taking the wedding painting but even being together because Gerhard was a German soldier. Alex and Angela seemed to happen way too fast, even if it was all preordained by fate that they would be attracted to each other. I guess I favor the original couple based on the fact they are the foundation for everything that happened.
That's a nice explanation. Fioretta and Giuliano were the initial love story. Almost as if there love didn't just happen because it was destined to. There was more to it than they were together before so they need to be together again.

User avatar
CinWin
Posts: 190
Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 18:42
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Location: California

Post by CinWin » 13 Jun 2018, 21:18

Since I have not finished the book yet, I really can't say who my favorite couple is. But just so far, (1/2 way through) I really like Fioretta and Giuliano. They seem to be meant for each other.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----

kdstrack
Posts: 1440
Joined: 10 May 2017, 19:49
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading: Black Wind
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: A Promise Given by Michelle Cox
Location: La Paz, Bolivia

Post by kdstrack » 13 Jun 2018, 22:00

I likes Angela and Alex simply due to the fact that the book highlights more of their relationship. We see their first encounter and how their relationship grows from there. The couple I liked the least was Sophia and Gerhard. I found Gerhard's behavior to be totally unbelievable. I have been in life-threatening situations. Your husband is NOT whispering sweet nothings in your ears when there are bombs going off outside!!

kdstrack
Posts: 1440
Joined: 10 May 2017, 19:49
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading: Black Wind
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: A Promise Given by Michelle Cox
Location: La Paz, Bolivia

Post by kdstrack » 13 Jun 2018, 22:02

kdstrack wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 22:00
I liked Angela and Alex simply due to the fact that the book highlights more of their relationship. We see their first encounter and how that relationship blossoms from there. The couple I liked the least was Sophia and Gerhard. I found Gerhard's behavior to be totally unbelievable. I have been in life-threatening situations. Your husband is NOT whispering sweet nothings in your ears when there are bombs going off outside - and much less if you are pregnant!!

User avatar
holsam_87
Posts: 443
Joined: 03 Feb 2018, 15:45
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 64
Currently Reading: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
Location: Washington

Post by holsam_87 » 13 Jun 2018, 22:33

kfwilson6 wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 19:57
holsam_87 wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 18:27
I'm not really sure if I have a favorite, mainly because each couple had good qualities. Fioretta and Giuliano's relationship showed more snippets of the relationship developing over time. Sophia and Gerhard lived in dangerous times and they took a lot of risks, not only with taking the wedding painting but even being together because Gerhard was a German soldier. Alex and Angela seemed to happen way too fast, even if it was all preordained by fate that they would be attracted to each other. I guess I favor the original couple based on the fact they are the foundation for everything that happened.
That's a nice explanation. Fioretta and Giuliano were the initial love story. Almost as if there love didn't just happen because it was destined to. There was more to it than they were together before so they need to be together again.
Yep, and it showed that their love for each other would never die.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

User avatar
crediblereading2
Posts: 768
Joined: 19 Jan 2018, 13:32
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: Boyhood Dream by John Scully

Post by crediblereading2 » 13 Jun 2018, 23:45

Giuliano and Fioretta, because they really seem to have found true love.

User avatar
Bookmermaid
Posts: 237
Joined: 06 May 2018, 08:13
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 141
Currently Reading: Rats on the train
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookmermaid.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Location: Trinidad and Tobago

Post by Bookmermaid » 15 Jun 2018, 08:09

My favorite couple is Angela and Alex as all the other love stories revolve around them and there is a greater development of their love relationship than any other in the novel.

AWANDO OGUTU
Posts: 242
Joined: 01 Jun 2018, 01:36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awando-ogutu.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by AWANDO OGUTU » 16 Jun 2018, 00:01

Sophia Caro and the German officer. They beat all odds and fall in love in the course of war. Wars create enermity but theirs is the reverse.

User avatar
Jgideon
Posts: 392
Joined: 03 Apr 2018, 03:37
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 60
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks: A Physician's Advice
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: 27 Yards An' Runnin' by C. Phil Moore

Post by Jgideon » 17 Jun 2018, 00:11

Sophia and Gerhard are my favorite. I think it's because of their ability to come up with an amazing escape strategy from the war.

Post Reply

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”