Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
JNav9017
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jnav9017.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by JNav9017 »

I liked it a lot and gave it 3 out of 4 stars. It was interesting to follow all the plot twists. I like books told from multiple perspectives, too. It could have been more fleshed out though. I wish they characters had developed more.
ashlikaye12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashlikaye12.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by ashlikaye12 »

I plan to read this book. I wanted to know if it would be interesting. I don’t like starting a book and stopping.. I feel incomplete so I wanted to see if it was worth a read. Thank you for your opinions
DandMMothers
Currently Reading: King Donald Khrump
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dandmmothers.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by DandMMothers »

I have just finished my own review of this novel, and dare I say it was great. I'm not a fan of history at all but this book tells it in a more fun and romantic way.
MagensWife1995
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magenswife1995.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by MagensWife1995 »

I loved it. It had great emotions and adult scenes. As well as a mix of history and war. It's a great story I recommend to those who like romance and history.
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

A great mystery Novel that has a mixture of art and romance, who can resist its charm? From the book’s title and its cover lay out, I certainly was not able to resist it, so I grabbed myself a copy when it was selected BOTD! I know everyone will be drawn to this book’s well-written story too. Very deserving of its 4 out of 4 stars rating :tiphat: thanks again for the FREE book♥️and Congratulations to Author Belle Ami for being #BOTM for the month of June👏👏👏
happynessc0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happynessc0.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by happynessc0 »

First of all, I love Da Vinci’s mysteriousness so I believe that this is a very interesting book for me. In addition, I like the paranormal activities plus romance! I promise there’s nothing in this book that I don’t like.
teevic_o
Currently Reading: Paladin
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teevic-o.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by teevic_o »

I like that it has multiple perspectives. The art and history aspect also sounds interesting enough. I might read it, though not so sure.
What we achieve inwardly will change our outer reality far more greatly than anything else.
~Plutarch
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci Is an intriguing, mystery-filled book with very interesting characters.
I like how the author switches scenes.
The overall plot was well developed. I'd give this book a 4 out of 4 stars.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I would recommend it to people that enjoy mystery novels or romance. I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4. I thought it was well written and fast paced. It kept my interest. It focused a little too much on the romance when I found the search for the painting a much more jterestkgn storyline. I thought the author could have spent more time on developing the villains but overall I would recommend it.
evan1995muniz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evan1995muniz.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by evan1995muniz »

I have just finished a reveiew of this book. It was oustanding. i rated it 4 stars. It has a great mystery with really well developed couples and intimate scenes. i loved it.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

bookowlie wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 11:19 I enjoyed the book although I felt the mystery could have contained more clues. There is too much emphasis on the paranormal elements in solving the mystery. I would have liked a more traditional set of clues. When I first reviewed the book, I felt the painting mystery was the principal focus. After mulling it over, I think the romance and paranormal elements overwhelmed the mystery and made the story less serious. I still liked the book and found it a quick read.
I completely agree. I too was hoping for more mystery and clues to the missing painting. Instead the paranormal element took over the story. I liked the book and found it an enjoyable read, but I was hoping for more.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Alice Thokchom »

A book which contains a story beyond the mainstream history is very attractive to me. This book is the thing to pick up.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

I really liked this book because I've always wanted to travel to Florence and this book gives you very detailed scenes about the country and the towns. I'm a big fan of romance novels so that aspect of the book appealed to me. I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of history and romance.
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
Analeigh
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-analeigh.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Analeigh »

NL Hartje wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 02:34 The art is definitely what pulls me into this book. Ever since a kooky art history course during undergrad I have had a side love affair with art’s little mysteries. Choosing da Vinci was a great choice on behalf of the author because there is so much symbolism to be decoded in his work!
After reading the review and your comment I am thinking that this is a book I should check out! Looks like it’s right up my alley
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

book_worm 101 wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 13:04 The thing I love the most about this book is the mystery within it. And the hint of paranormality. I would definitely recommend this to others because of the history and the mystery.
I agree - I recently finished reading this book and enjoyed the mystery and the paranormal aspects added a new spin. I enjoyed reading this book.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”