Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Philipniger
Currently Reading: Dragonhunters
Bookshelf Size: 5

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by Philipniger »

The most attractive thing for me is its unique plot and perfect imagery. In the middle of the book the plot becomes complex and vague
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I have not yet read this book. I do have it on my bookshelf to read. After reading all opinions on this book it sounds like one I would enjoy. I should move it up on my bookshelf based on such good reviews of it!
Mac :techie-reference:
Raul Fonoseca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raul-fonoseca.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Raul Fonoseca »

I always have great love for Da Vinci books. He's a reputable writers.This would be a great book for teenagers. They would identify themselves with the discussion therein considering the rapid number of today teenage relationships.
Eveyhang
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eveyhang »

The story hook me so much :) Every scene are interisting . The twist about da vinci and the girl is verry remarkable throughout the story . You stick with that until you get to the end . Its amazing story . Congratulations to Ms. Belle Ami .
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

-brintontaylor wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 03:24 Because I love mystery books so much, I decided that I might read this book. However, I was put off by the whole Art / History side to it. Those genres are just ones that I've never really read or had any interest in!
I am not a lover of art myself. but have seen interesting reviews already. Just hope i will like
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
KING FRANKLIN
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-franklin.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by KING FRANKLIN »

This book sounds interesting from the reviews I've read. I'll surely add it to my list because I think it's something I'll enjoy reading.
KING FRANKLIN
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-franklin.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by KING FRANKLIN »

This book sounds like an interesting book. It sounds like something that will take me on a journey. I'll surely add it to my list, I know I'll enjoy it.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

I liked the idea of our past lives coming forward to lead us to where we need to be. The only thing that I really did not like about the book was that Angela's attitude bordered on bratty teen more often than grown adult. Her mood swings were a little off putting.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
Yusuf2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Yusuf2018 »

I enjoyed reading The Girl who Knew DaVinci, it was a great mystery. I would necessarily call it a thriller, or suspenseful but I was eager to keep turning the pages to find out what happened . There is a great deal of budding romance within the book in both time periods but the book was focused heavily on the mystery at hand. Very well written and the transitions from present day to past were done very well. Easy to follow, very captivating!
ShareTheGift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by ShareTheGift »

Good response JR. Taking a chance on something I would not normally have read often opens a new door for me. Its a good way to expand our horizons and learn new things.
Aleen4

Post by Aleen4 »

I loved the book , if you love mystery with a bit of romance this book is for you. Every page makes you want to know what happens next. I recommend this book.
Marybthking
Favorite Book: A Bloody Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marybthking.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Marybthking »

When I picked this novel up, I was hoping for a suspense thriller, so I was a little disappointed that I had to wade through a romance novel to get to the thriller. I felt as though the story picked up about half way through, and that overall the story was good. I didn't love the book myself, but I believe that those who like their thrillers with a heavy dose of romance and time travel would probably enjoy it.
I liked Fioretta and Giuliano more than Alex and Angela, and wish the story had centered a little more on them. The book was well researched with a pretty good storyline, but I felt the character development of Alex and Angela was weak and relied too heavily on their archetypes (damsel in distress and hero). They lacked any kind of real depth apart from you just accepting a girl waiting around for her infallibly noble and strong hero to race to her defense.
I actually gave it 3 out of 4 stars because I felt that although I found the characters wanting, they were okay enough to get you through a pretty good story.
aruneshwar2

Post by aruneshwar2 »

I like the artistic side of the novel because of its association with da vinci. The mystery elements in the novel is also not what I would normally look for as they are based on the paranormal. So that would have to be the downside to the book.
khandzz09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khandzz09.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by khandzz09 »

This is a good book. I love mystery and adventure kind of stories because they connect with the reader. You get to know the characters, which makes you feel not just familiarity with them, but loyalty – you want them to win. This book is interesting because of its twists and turns and unpredictable events that could affect the audience. I would recommend this book.
sylviab98
Favorite Book: Storm and Silence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylviab98.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by sylviab98 »

I definitely agree with people saying that it combines several Topics and Genres, thus making it more interesting. Also saying that it's a good way to expand our horizons and learn new things, is absolutely true in my opinion ! However it is not as romantic as it is more so sexual. I think people confuse these two terms !

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”