Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I thoroughly enjoyed The Girl Who Knew da Vinci. The premise is unique. At first, I thought it was going to be a typical time travel story but it's not about time travel (at least not in the normal sense). I would have liked a little more info in the epilogue. I intend to recommend this one to my "live" book club.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
amfrecti
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amfrecti.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by amfrecti »

This book would be great for lovers of romance novels, it was a bit much for my taste though. The mention of Da Vinci in the title conjured up visions of Dan Brown but alas it was not to be. As mysteries go this one was pretty tame, the paranormal element was interesting since it was the device used to solve the mystery. I would rate this book as 3 out of 4 stars, good but not exceptional.
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

I love this book. I love the mystery to it. I also like how she intertwine the present and past lives together. I am half way done. I am looking forward to seeing how it ends
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

This is one of the few books read recently that I’d recommend to anyone. It puts together multiple elements: art, mystery, romance and even paranormal. This characteristic alone is enough to make it unique. In addition, it’s well written and with vivid descriptions, something I always love in a book.
Berry :wine:
azerikaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azerikaj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by azerikaj »

Haven't finished yet, but I think there are definitely times that it tells, rather than showing us things...and, yes, are we supposed to think the art historian falls through a wormhole or something? guess I'll have to keep reading.
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

I am not typically drawn toward mystery books, but this one was so great that simply couldn't put it down. I loved the art aspect which is what made me interested in this book initially. I would definitely recommend this book.
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

Can anyone write a brief synopisis in theur own words for this one for me. Curious what others focused on in the text.
Ronel_Steyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronel-steyn.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Ronel_Steyn »

I love history and art. I'm putting this book on my bookshelf right now. I definitely want to ready it. Thank you to everyone for your valued insight.
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

Ive decided to read this one after reading all of the insights from you guys it sounds right up my alley. I dont have much interest in art but it sounds like i may after reading this book!
thelittlelibrary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thelittlelibrary.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by thelittlelibrary »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 01:09 It is an interesting book which follows multiple themes of art, romance and mystery. The most attractive thing for me is its unique plot and perfect imagery. In the middle of the book the plot becomes complex and vague. I would like to recommend this book to others because of its interesting themes as it will appeal to many art lovers.
This sounds like a really interesting book! The themes interest me and for me a book has to have a good plot! Is the complexity and vagueness a good thing in your opinion or could it have been done better? Thank you for sharing your opinions!
thelittlelibrary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thelittlelibrary.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by thelittlelibrary »

CatInTheHat wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 07:56 I thoroughly enjoyed The Girl Who Knew da Vinci. The premise is unique. At first, I thought it was going to be a typical time travel story but it's not about time travel (at least not in the normal sense). I would have liked a little more info in the epilogue. I intend to recommend this one to my "live" book club.
Your description makes the book sound amazing! Thank you for sharing your opinions - I am adding it to my TBR shelf now! :D
zandri
Currently Reading: The Adventure of Smelly Sock
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zandri.html
Latest Review: Call Me Pomeroy by James Hanna
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by zandri »

I have not read this book yet and from the mixed reviews, I don't think I will be reading it soon. The mystery side of the book would be the only part of interest to me. But the mystery seems to be outweighed by the history and art elements. Unfortunately, this does not seem like my type of book.
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

It must a have took a lot of work to research all those aspects in art history to create the solid storyline. I congratulate the author's dedication.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
kjarch1228
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the end of days
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjarch1228.html
Latest Review: The Last City of America by Matthew Tysz

Post by kjarch1228 »

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci is a good read. I loved the historical aspects of the novel. My least favorite part was actually the romance between the main characters. I love a good romance but it was a bit too idealized. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes historical fiction or romance. It's a good blend of both genres.
RedLetter
Currently Reading: The War Within, the Story of Josef
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redletter.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by RedLetter »

I have only just started reading this book, but based on the various reviews, I am definitely intrigued to read it to the end. This is a prime example of never judging a book by its cover. I can't wait to delve further into this one.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”