Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by Amystl26 »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 01:09 It is an interesting book which follows multiple themes of art, romance and mystery. The most attractive thing for me is its unique plot and perfect imagery. In the middle of the book the plot becomes complex and vague. I would like to recommend this book to others because of its interesting themes as it will appeal to many art lovers.
Ohhh I'm an art lover... I want to read! And who doesnt love interesting themes?!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The rating would be 4 out of 4 stars. The things that I love about it is the fact that it has a historical perspective in it. It makes this book more relatable and not seeming like it was set from an unknown world.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

I did NOT like this book. I give it a rating of 1 out 4 stars and that only because I know many people enjoy the romance genre much more than I do. I found the official review to be misleading after finishing this novel. It is in no way a mystery/thriller, it is a romance. And honesty I think it was pretty cheesy.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

I think the title of the book is a bit repetitive now since I read many similar titles before. But, I am a sucker for Art History and Mystery so I'm curious about the plot. Might give it a shot in the future.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

There's a lot to like about this book. It has mystery, the paranormal and art. I enjoy all three of those things in books so was instantly drawn to it. The fact that it also mentions Da Vinci is also a plus and adds to the story.
Farmgurl1
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Master
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farmgurl1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Farmgurl1 »

My overall opinion of the book is that it's a solid book. There are strong themes of war and violence along with romance. As a big fan of The Davinci Code I did find this book compelling and intriguing. I like the pieces of art history that the book discusses and the thriller story-line keeps the plot moving nicely. The author does a great job of creating an interesting character with Angela and her connection to the past. There really wasn't anything of note that I didn't like about the book. I would recommend it to those that like art history and are fans of the Dan Brown novels.
Dustsoft666
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Dustsoft666 »

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci is a great book that keeps the reader engaged with oncoming mystery and suspense. What I liked about it most was how it left things sort of vague to make room for interpretation and uncertainty. As for what I liked the least, I can't really mention anything. The book as a whole was fantastic and something I'd definitely recommend to other people if they're looking for mystery and enigma.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I look forward to reading the book. All the twists and turns sound exciting. Thank you for the review.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

The story is fascinating and I would recommend it to mystery book lovers.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I haven't finished reading the book but I am enjoying it so far. I love how the author weaves reality into the story even though it is a work of fiction. I am learning a lot from the book! I am a huge fan of books with a touch of history in them, so I'm going to have a ball with this one. Especially since it is well written and has such interesting characters!
SereneCharles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenecharles.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by SereneCharles »

I would recommend it to others, but not to myself 😁
Writing is so much fun. So is reading. :techie-studyingbrown:
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

I added this book to my TBR pile. The cover really drew me in! Does it remind anyone else of the painting of Danielle from the movie Ever After?
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I am greatly intrigued by this book, history is one of my favorite genres. I can't get enough of the subject of da Vinci. I can't wait to start reading this one.
Callistus Ibenye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-callistus-ibenye.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Callistus Ibenye »

The book has such an interesting title, it was the title that piqued my interest in the book, and it was worthwhile. I recommend the book to general readers.
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover »

I was really surprised by how much I liked this book. The preface which takes place during the war was wonderful, and I didn't want to leave Sophia and Gerhard. The present day story of a missing painting along with the paranormal connection to a Medici painting was intriguing. I'm not normally one who goes for romance, but this book is well written with a great plot and more than one appealing hook.
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”