Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
danopsy
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danopsy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by danopsy »

Maksiub1 wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 10:22 The book is filled with lots of mystery and a good display of art. it's historical analysis is quite intriguing though the plenty genres in it puts me off. I recommend this to lovers of romans and mystery.
Really? what put you off was what put me on suprisingly :lol: I enjoyed the genres
Jmteachmom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmteachmom.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Jmteachmom »

Overall I enjoyed the book. I loved the author's use of words to describe scenery. She developed a vivid picture of the world of Angela and Alex. I did not enjoy the love scenes. These scenes were slightly on the Fifty Shades of Grey side. While there is nothing wrong with erotica, my belief was that this book could have been better without it. My rating was 2 out 4 stars. I think it is time to let da Vinci rest in peace.
samiam013
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samiam013.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by samiam013 »

I found "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" to be a beautifully written thriller/romance story. The flow between time periods was easy to follow. Character development was exceptional and Belle Ami did an outstanding job using description to bring the story to life. I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars in my rating and would recommend it to anyone who loves historical romance as well as art and history.
"Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything". (Plato) :reading-7:

Smiles are contagious! Infect someone today! :D
Harzelryan
Favorite Book: The Hand Bringer
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harzelryan.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Harzelryan »

It is an interesting novel, I was able to enjoy the flow of the book as it follows the themes of art romance and mystery among others. I will definitely recommend it to others.
Nditah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nditah.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Nditah »

"Da Vinci" in the title alone stirs curiosity but since you cant judge a book by its cover, it time to explore the pages.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I haven't had to opportunity to read this book yet but from all the reviews I have seen so far, It promises to be a great read..
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

I just started reading the book. From the pages I've read so far, I'm impressed with the storyline. It's appealing and gripping. I love the mystery included in the story, and I'll recommend the book to anyone interested in a read about love, mystery and Art.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

I was completely taken aback by the opening prelude to the story. Thereafter, it unrolls unimaginable dreams and visions. Twists and turns relating to Fioretta Gorini, Leonardo da Vinci, and Giuliano Medici. Their ghosts appear in such astonishing ways. Angela's and Alex's enchanting meeting and their love affair are astounding.

Moreover, like most single and married women, I'm no different when it comes to romance. Therefore, what I like about The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci: An Out of Time Thriller is how Alex loved and cared for Angela.

The time and attention he gives her is absolutely appealing. He caters to her every need. And the chemistry between them is undeniable. So much so, you can actually feel it leap off the pages. I honestly don't think that there's a living creature that compares to Alex Caine. I'm just saying, it appears men like him are a figment of the imagination. I also concur like any blossoming relationship trust is often a factor.

On the other hand, while there's much to like about The Girl Who Knew Da Vince, An Out of Time Thriller, there is one major thing I do not like. I don't like the unrealistic sense of supernatural ghosts crossing over from past to present.

Wherefore, I rate The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci: An Out of Time Thriller 3 out of 4 stars because in as much as I enjoy Angela and Alex and as the book has limited grammatical and spelling errors, the explicit, sexual content, foul language, and supernatural thrill does not appeal to me. But in spite of this, for the hopeless romantics and art historians; French and ghost lovers; supernatural and suspense thrillers, this crime thrilling, historical fiction will absolutely amaze you!
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
mccormickh8
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by mccormickh8 »

I am still reading but I would recommend this book the characters are believable. The book does jump between the present and the past with a way of being believable, as people do believe in reincarnation. I love the change of the eye color for Angela, and the connection with Alex. It is an adventure into the past and it being set in the present. I am really enjoying the book and hoping to finish it today.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Belle Ami's "The Girl who knew da Vinci" offers a heady cocktail of historical romance, Renaissance mystery and contemporary thriller about a missing Da Vinci painting, with a supernatural touch. Fans of Leonardo da Vinci and particularly, Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code would likely enjoy this one as this again enmeshes the Renaissance genius in a tantalizing puzzle. The use of a supernatural angle -- the heroine, museum intern Angela, goes into a trance when looking at a Medici painting and has a series of dreams helping her connect the dots about people linked to Leonardo da Vinci -- may be iffy, however. Readers who prefer well-grounded but fast-paced investigative page-turners may dismiss the book as romantic fluff and see scenes where characters swoon or flirt with each other corny. Those who sense the undercurrent of humor in these romantic passages would give it a chance. I find the book interesting in parts where shady characters such as museum curator Scordato take center stage. I've read parts of the book and hope there will be more of the machinations by people like Scordato. But those interested in history, mysteries and thrillers with a romantic touch will likely pick this book up for a read.
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

My review finally got published, so now you can all see my deeper thoughts on this book after I finished it and had some time to really think about it.
Anthony Martial Tata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-martial-tata.html

Post by Anthony Martial Tata »

The artistry encrypted in the book is amazing. I love pieces of arts especially drawings. I would give the book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
Northernbird84
Currently Reading: The Crossing
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-northernbird84.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Northernbird84 »

-brintontaylor wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 03:24 Because I love mystery books so much, I decided that I might read this book. However, I was put off by the whole Art / History side to it. Those genres are just ones that I've never really read or had any interest in!
I'm not hugely into art / history, do you think that would put me off reading this book or can you enjoy the mystery in spite of it?
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Iviss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iviss.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Iviss »

The fact that the book is about Da Vinci is quite appealing to me. Art and mystery, together with paranormal activities are intertwined in the book and produce a good effect on the reader. I recommend this book to anyone interested in art, mystery and suspense.
Anthony Martial Tata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-martial-tata.html

Post by Anthony Martial Tata »

Artistic books are enjoyable. I liked the review.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”