Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
asere_maryanne
Currently Reading: Source
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asere-maryanne.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by asere_maryanne »

The book sounds interesting, I wish there was a free copy
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

As i read , i liked the loving couples and their relationships throughout. i will describe after reading it completely it hoped i may be so.
sam_jennifer_may
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-jennifer-may.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by sam_jennifer_may »

I thought this book was amazing. The use of art and history made this book like nothing I had ever read before. This combination of romance, history and the paranormal makes this story unique and different, something which is very hard to find. I would recommend this book, however I do think it’s target audience is limited to avid book lovers as oppose to casual book readers.
Jmar_la
Currently Reading: Toxic Side Effect
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmar-la.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Jmar_la »

I read the The Girl Who Knew da Vinci because I was going to do a review on it. I liked the unique plot of being set in 3 different centuries but at the same locations. I also like the artistic part of it and of course, the most romantic setting. I was not crazy about the sexual aspect of it. I liked it better when there was a story going on, rather than so much sex. I still gave it a 4 out of 4 because it was well written, but as I said I would have liked more of the plot and less of the sex. I liked that there was complete openess between the two main characters and no jealousy and stuff like that which usually is written in novels to add more intrigue, but in this case I felt like it was as it should have been.
AshEileen2013
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asheileen2013.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by AshEileen2013 »

I loved the fact that it switched between various time periods. I absolutely love everything about the past from horrible to the phenomenal. I didn't, however, enjoy the fact that sex became an overwhelming factor in the book and took away from the main storyline. I would recommend this book to other people, for sure, but now with high expectations. The novel could have been tremendous but the sex took away from that for me.
jjmainor
Currently Reading: The House Where Evil Dwells...Thirteen Tells
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Post by jjmainor »

bookowlie wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 11:19 I enjoyed the book although I felt the mystery could have contained more clues. There is too much emphasis on the paranormal elements in solving the mystery. I would have liked a more traditional set of clues. When I first reviewed the book, I felt the painting mystery was the principal focus. After mulling it over, I think the romance and paranormal elements overwhelmed the mystery and made the story less serious. I still liked the book and found it a quick read.
I would agree. Their whole plan was to wait for Angela to have a vision showing them where the painting was...and Scordato's whole plan was to follow them around and wait for Angela to have the vision. The letters that were mentioned when they first hooked up seemed like a clue worth presenting to the reader, but when we got to see them, all they added to was the romance - they did nothing to further the mystery aspect. I'm at the point where they're about to harrass an old woman with Alzheimers, not to get any clues, but to trigger another vision.

That said, the story is an excellent romance. Belle Ami is excellent with the narrative, but as a thriller, it doesn't work for me.
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-horta-alonso.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by David Horta Alonso »

I think the book was interesting. I loved the pieces of art therein. That is what pulls Alex closer to Angela. i gave the book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
Shruti Banik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shruti-banik.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda

Post by Shruti Banik »

I'm not a fan of history or art book, but the name of the book urges me to read it. Da Vinci was a fantastic personality and something concerning him ought to be a worthwhile read. I think I will give this book a try, and hopefully end up liking it.
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:

I liked Angela's personality, she's a brave girl. I would recommend the book to lovers of art.
Pandoram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pandoram.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Pandoram »

I loved the book. From the moment I started reading it I could not put it down. However, I found the romantic parts to be the only parts of the book that I wanted to skip. I could have done without so much sex or how lengthy those part of the book were. I also wish that the painting would have been found in a more mysterious place.
TALIA ONYANGO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talia-onyango.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by TALIA ONYANGO »

An interesting children book. The language is simple and easy to understand. My rating of the book was 3 out of 4 stars.
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:

I think it is a nice book. I would recommend it to lovers of thrillers and artistic works.
nunulove_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nunulove_ »

I love this book and I find it so interesting because of its mystery
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

I became totally engrossed in this story. I literally couldn't put it down. I loved the paranormal/past lives element as well as the mystery. It reminded me of The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. I also thought that it was a little bit like Outlander (only in Italy rather than Scotland.) The only issue I had was that I found some elements to be a little cliche'.

I give this book a 3 out of 4 stars, and would definitely recommend it to fans of steamy romance/paranormal romance.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:

The book had an excellent storyline save for the boring part towards the middle. The grammar and plot there at was quite plain. I gave it a rating of 2 stars.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”