Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by elivia05 »

The art aspect is what drew me to this book initially. I would definitely recommend this to other people who love art.
Arnvillarreal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Arnvillarreal »

My Review~

The search is on for a missing Leonardo Da Vinci painting, but what happens when the investigation starts out when the missing item itself, isn’t even supposed to exist? That’s the mystery within The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami. The story unfolds a a good even pace, as we are taken on a journey to follow the investigation not just in the present time- but find out how it unfolded in the past.
Art historian Angela Renaus begins to have dreams and visions about the famous artist and the subjects within the painting. Compelled by her vision, Angela is then determined to find out what really happened. Contacted by art detective, Alex Caine, Angela is shocked to find out they are seeking the same truth about the missing painting .
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

gali wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 00:30 What is your overall opinion of the "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci"? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on Bookshelves.
Overall I would rate this book as 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the inclusion of art history and mystery but at points, the romance was too rushed. I have actually already recommended this to someone for her summer reading list on her library bingo board.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
xaldovah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xaldovah.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by xaldovah »

The mysterious scenes is what I find more rejuvenating and encouraging about the book. It depicts the better part of the author's talent. I can humbly recommend it to people who love romance and mystery.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I love art and mystery and this book combines both of them! Can't wait to read it! Thanks to everyone for the thoughtful reviews, they are a big help.
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

I am just about to start writing my review, so I'll be revealing my star rating there, but in brief, I liked the mystery and adventure of it most. Not surprisingly, the sex was my absolute least favorite part, and given how much there was, it ultimately made the book a pretty big disappointment for me. I would not recommend it in person honestly, because the fact that I finished reading it would likely reflect poorly on my character in the eyes of certain people in my life. I will probably recommend it with a warning about excessive adult content that the reader may want to skip over. The bottom line for me, I had very high expectations since this book is the book of the month, thus it was pretty disappointing since the overall story was not outstanding and there was such a drawback with the sex scenes.
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

Overall, I thought this was a solid read. I enjoyed the art and history portion of the book but had some difficulties with the romance and mystery aspects. The romance I found a little too over the top and cheezy, and I was hoping there'd be more of an investigative trail leading to the missing painting rather than allowing Angela's paranormal gifts to carry out all the work. Scordato also read like a common movie villain, and there could've been a little more work done there to up the suspense levels. Other than that, it was an engaging story.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

I read this book because I absolutely love mysteries. My favorite parts of this book are the imagery and art aspects. I would definitely recommend it.
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

This narrative in several parts appeared cheesy to be quite frank. It appeared to be neither an excellent erotic romance or a terrific thriller. I liked the art references of the story and its recapturing of a past love story between Giuliano and Fioretta. I liked least the descriptions of the trance-like state that Angela entered into and then came out of for her time travel to occur. Also, the drooling descriptions in the narration were overdone.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Finally added the book to my 'want to read' shelf. I can't wait to read it. The reviews for this book have been so good and have made me want to read the book. Thanks everyone for the great reviews.
David66
Currently Reading: Master the Law of Attraction
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by David66 »

Errrm I like the artistic side of the novel because of its association with da vinci. The mystery elements in the novel is also not what I would normally look for as they are based on the paranormal. So that would have to be the downside to the book.
Ktwills79
Currently Reading: Mistress Bradstreet
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktwills79.html
Latest Review: The Elf Archive - Book Two of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ktwills79 »

I love art history mysteries and the paranormal aspect of this one adds such an interesting element. While I prefer books without the supernatural twist, this one is very engaging and instantly draws you in.
mark pretty
Currently Reading:

Post by mark pretty »

nice i have read the book and looks great
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

This is the kind of book anyone could love. There are so many elements from art to mystery to steamy romance and even paranormal. Plus, I find it to be wonderfully written and with vivid descriptions, something that makes the settings come alive.
Berry :wine:
petergastric

Post by petergastric »

I would have liked a more traditional set of clues.I really enjoyed the book . There is too much emphasis on the paranormal elements in solving the mystery. I felt the painting mystery was the principal focus. I think the romance and paranormal elements overwhelmed the mystery and made the story less serious.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”