Most valuable lesson from Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Use this forum to discuss the April 2018 Book of the Month, "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane
LeaNyathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leanyathi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Most valuable lesson from Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by LeaNyathi » 08 May 2018, 09:15

What is the most valuable lesson that you learnt from Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnne? What is something that you would take with you for the rest of you life, that you learnt from this book?

zod
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 33
Favorite Book: Sky in June
Currently Reading: The Broadcast
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by zod » 08 May 2018, 11:08

The valuable lesson from the book Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane is that life is a school. You will only graduate when you die or leave this world to be with your heavenly Father, God.
However, in the case of Natalie’s the story of child abuse, the major lesson is that women, if they are either divorced or widowed, they should never commit themselves to re-marry a man who has not committed to love their children as he loves them.
They should only re-marry a man once he commits himself to loving them as well as their children borne from another man.
But if they are already in a marriage where a stepfather is abusing their children, then they should quickly tell off their husbands that they would not tolerate such behavior.

LeaNyathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leanyathi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by LeaNyathi » 09 May 2018, 08:48

zod wrote:
08 May 2018, 11:08
The valuable lesson from the book Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane is that life is a school. You will only graduate when you die or leave this world to be with your heavenly Father, God.
However, in the case of Natalie’s the story of child abuse, the major lesson is that women, if they are either divorced or widowed, they should never commit themselves to re-marry a man who has not committed to love their children as he loves them.
They should only re-marry a man once he commits himself to loving them as well as their children borne from another man.
But if they are already in a marriage where a stepfather is abusing their children, then they should quickly tell off their husbands that they would not tolerate such behavior.
I agree. Not all stepfathers are bad, but when you hear of such horrible stories as depicted in this book it just makes you wonder whether or not the woman was selfish when picking their next life partner. Thanks for the comment.

arcie72
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 19
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arcie72.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by arcie72 » Yesterday, 16:02

The takeaway from me is that life is a marathon and not a sprint. There will be good times and bad times but it is how one preserves that determines what can of life we have. In the book and in life a mother must always choose wisely what type of man she will allow to build a relationship with her children. In my opinion, most times the man who wishes a relationship with a women who has children from a previous relationship will try to build a good relationship with her children. Unforntuely, there are those men that just wants the women and will appear to like the children but truly doesn't. It is in these circumstances that a mother must listen to her children and give them the benefit of the doubt in whatever they tell her. If she suspects that something is wrong then there probably is something wrong. The biggest thing is that the mother defend her children and take them out of a bad situation. Now there are women who sadly think they are entitled to a good life no matter what and their children are an inconvenience. It is these women that cause the most harm to their children. To me there would be no man or person that I would choose over my children. It seems Natalie did not choose well.

Return to “Discuss "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane”