Natalie's Character Growth

Use this forum to discuss the April 2018 Book of the Month, "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awando-ogutu.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Re: Natalie's Character Growth

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

Natalie is a charismatic character. Her concern for those around her is admirable.
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

Natalie has been a great character throughout the book. Though some changes took place she was still likable in all forms.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I think Natalie's childhood shaped her character as it developed in the story and the only thing that surprised me was that she was still having an affair with Mr. Glover at the end of the book and that his wife knew and was okay with it.
LyorBoone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lyorboone.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by LyorBoone »

azerikaj wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 13:37 I thought it was all fairly believable till it all got wrapped up in a big shiny bow at the end.(I mean, I could even buy it more if the couple takes her family off to, say, Melbourne, to live, because Rosemary had her own bf) but the idea that all that could happen and the neighbors and the wife and everybody just lets them all drift in domestic routine...just, not really. Right? And I wanted her to be happy, so last night, I tried hard to believe it. I still don't, though, not down deep.
I thought the book was great, though, one of the best I've read on this forum.
I agree that it wrapped up neatly. That's why I think Libby should have fallen in with Alex. I figured Alex's sorry job of fixing the bridge would come undone as Alex shoved the cow and the two of them would go out together. Libby would be the unfortunate cost of her affair. Of course, there were the cost of Teagle and Alex finding out about her secrets. Yet, with both of them dying, none of the consequences feel real. Each is too brief.
“History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme” - Mark Twain. Dare we say the same thing about every story that gets told in the world?
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Natalie was in a tough spot with her stepfather Alex. She was an admirable character in the sense that she was trying to protect the people she loved while looking for truths of her own. Throughout her experiences, she became a strong woman but I have to say, I had a love/hate relationship with her. I thought the book was great and gave it a 4 out of 4 . There were so many things going on with this family and so much for every one to try to overcome.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Natalie was forced to grow up quickly . She learned to deal with the hand she was dealt. Although, Unfair and upsetting , she made choices that are hard for a female her age. The falling in love part I did not like but some people will look at it as the twist and captivating part to the story

Return to “Discuss "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane”