Favourite character?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
CheyenneR
2018 Reading Goal: 15
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 113
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Re: Favourite character?

Post by CheyenneR » 18 Jun 2018, 22:52

I would say my favorite character was Vijay, he wasn't portrayed as a normal corporate money hungry guy. He actually came across very likable.

Jillpillbooknerd
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 24
Currently Reading: Requiem Of The Rose King
Bookshelf Size: 1858
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd » 10 Jul 2018, 08:16

I really loved the whole team at VitalTech. They seemed to really consider and weigh all of the options with the Final Notice and they actually seemed to care about the people that their technology was affecting! Also, I loved Miles the dog.

Jennifer Fernandez
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 210
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez » 01 Aug 2018, 19:50

Vince and Trudi, surely.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:

mac83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mac83.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by mac83 » 30 Aug 2018, 12:28

I enjoyed Vince and Trudi. I liked how they were with one another. I liked how they talked things through and stood together. I also happen to like Miles as well. I think my runner-up favorite would be Vijay. He truly wanted to help people with the VT2. It wasn't just about making money off of technology for him. It was about giving people time to wrap up things and to say their goodbyes.
Mac :techie-reference:

Alicia09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Alicia09 » 02 Sep 2018, 18:20

I found most of the characters to be over emotional and sappy. The only character I really liked and identified with was Rueben, because he was a gun owner, but he was a responsible gun owner. He was not mentally ill, he was not racist, and he was not resentful of his old age like almost all the other gun owners in the story. He was comfortable with himself and people around him, and he was sensible about how to use guns safely. He even gave Vince advice on how to purchase a gun legally, and urged him to take classes from a professional to learn how to defend himself properly.

RT_offscript
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rt-offscript.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by RT_offscript » 14 Sep 2018, 00:19

Although I liked some of Van Fleisher's characters, I felt detached from many of them due to a limited number of backstories, which - I believe - are very important for character development. However, I realized my strong attachment for Miles - when the poor corgi was hurt; but I believe my feelings are due to my huge soft spot for dogs.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”