Movie adaptation?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Movie adaptation?

Post by lesler »

Yes, I think this would translate to a movie very well. The climatic scenes would be filmed well, and would convince more people to read the book. Obviously, the mind is better than the eyes, and the book will always be better.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by n-dai che »

lesler wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 10:25 Yes, I think this would translate to a movie very well. The climatic scenes would be filmed well, and would convince more people to read the book. Obviously, the mind is better than the eyes, and the book will always be better.
Yeah right! I grasp your point. I don't like to see the part when the vt2 user read the warning.
:D :( :cry:
n-dai che
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by n-dai che »

mcfeealexis wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 11:01 I think book to movie adaptations are very trick. The directors are the ones interpretation the book and then visualizing what they think it looks like. For me it first depends on the directors that turn this book into a movie. They would have to see the same themes I uncovered while reading the book, but also give meaning to news things that I may not have thought of. For me I love book to movie adaptations especial heartfelt movies so I think it would make a great movie.
Yeah, I agree with you. I can't dare to see the user's reaction upon reading their final notice. :P That moment freaks me.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

Yes!! I think this book will make an awesome movie adaptation! Having the sub-theme of gun control in it will make it a very topical and relevant issue in today's world!
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

I think it could be a great movie. Has beta testing ever been so exciting?
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

What I noticed about novels transformed into movies is that these movies always pale in comparison to the books; they don't stay true to the novel. They don't capture the exact feel and I always end up unsatisfied.
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Not all books make great movies but because of the way this particular book is written with the main story and minor stories in the book I think it could work. I would watch the movie as well :)
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I think a movie adaptation might be too much. I found the novel more logical based than I did dramatic based. I'm not sure logical would make a good movie.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

I am not sure that this book would translate well into a motion picture, but I do think it could well as an idea for an episode of a television show, perhaps one of them that has to do with the FBI or investigations. It would be fun to see the idea play out on screen, but I do not think that a movie would be successful because the story did not have enough draw, in my opinion, for a large audience. :(
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

Great question! It could work because of the amount of drama it contains. It would even be scarier to see because I am sure they would make it very gruesome.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

The plot actually is a great idea for a film adaptation. It would work like the In Time which starred Justin Timberlake. But right now, i don't think it is a good idea to add up to the hype of showing the use of guns to the world. It might actually bring out different notions on things. So let us leave this one as a book.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I think that this would mostly be good as a movie. I think the differing perspectives would transfer well to the screen. I don't think that the little insights we are given about what each character is thinking would transfer well.
Book_Worm_2018
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Book_Worm_2018 »

:ugeek2: it really depends on who makes the movie and what their mindset is. It could go either way.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

What worries me about movie adaptation is that almost always, they pale in comparison to the novel. They lack the feel or emotion evoked by the book. Maybe with a combination of the best director who read and analyze the feel of the novel, and the right mix of actors who really can act and have committed to stay true to the book, then probably movie adaptations will be at par at least with the original.
ostercl
Currently Reading: Horse Soldiers
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ostercl.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by ostercl »

I feel like a lot of the plot would have to change to make this adapt well as a movie - so much of what I thought was successful about this book involved internal character dialogue.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”