Is gun really the answer?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
Akatere Maxwell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Is gun really the answer?

Post by Akatere Maxwell »

Gun can be the answer if it is the only option and the second amendment too said it,it is the only way to protect your family
KatePanlilio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katepanlilio.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by KatePanlilio »

I think this depends on the situation. If it is a life and death situation and you really have to protect yourself, gun is the answer most of the time. However, the world needs more than that. The people need to understand more not only their nature but also the nature of the world itself. Violence is not always the answer. Most of the time, the only thing people need is a wider perspective and everything and of course, their acceptance in how the world works.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
tanya shukla
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanya-shukla.html
Latest Review: Gates to Tangier by Mois Benarroch

Post by tanya shukla »

violence can never be the answer of anything, hostillity breeds hostillity..
Adegboyega
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Adegboyega »

To me gun should be optional for self defense,cause it mostly misused. Gun usage should be the last option for defense unless the condition warrant that!
AliciaPounds

Post by AliciaPounds »

I have no desire for guns in my home, though my husband feels different. I think if there is more humane way to handle a situation it should be done. Life is precious, and weapons of any sort in the wrong hands can turn out bad.
missbamdy
Currently Reading: A Bloody Book
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missbamdy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by missbamdy »

Gun would never be the answer. The damage it has done to the society is enough to know that, it is time for us to stop it. Even the best of us suddenly turn to a murderous human at the possession of a gun. It is saddening to see people clearly support the possession of guns with the excuse that it's for protection. Of which there are numerous alternatives to it.
freakkshowx
Currently Reading: Last Train to Istanbul
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freakkshowx.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by freakkshowx »

I'm a big proponent of gun control, but I think I'd like to own a handgun in the future. Guns aren't the only answer, but from the disabled perspective, it's the most accessible one in a home invasion scenario. Of course I'm not saying that we all should go out and buy a gun, but I know that as a crippled young female, I'd be one of the easiest targets without one.
MrReviewman55

Post by MrReviewman55 »

It may be the right answer when it comes to protecting yourself and your family. There should be better regulations and clearances to who gets a gun and how precisely they should use them. A gun may be the only thing that saves you or your families' lives.
susanfudge
Currently Reading:

Post by susanfudge »

The question should not "Are guns really the answer?" but rather, "Does one have the right to use any means necessary to protect oneself and his family in his own home?" I understand that the media, which was exposed in congressional hearings for being paid by the CIA "to control the narrative for the U.S. Government" has a BIG influence on many Americans. Unfortunately for us, Operation Mockingbird proves the media's blatant biases in favor of the government's desires, which are gun control. All governments have an inherent and obvious desire, (or is it need) for gun control. Check your history books. All leaders throughout the history of the world implemented some form of weapons control out of fear of revolution. The Second Amendment is to protect us from tyranny, not home invaders.

Now back to the question at hand, "Do I have the right to use a gun, when someone is entering my home?" I cannot believe this is even a question. The implication being that someone entering my home has the right to do so. I consider myself fairly liberal. I believe in the rights of all minorities, including the rights of gays to marry, and divorce. But, liberals and conservatives should have to the right to feel safe in their homes. The highest murder rates tend to be in cities with the most strict gun laws. Why? The criminals are the ones with guns. The cities where it is mandatory to have a gun in the home have the lowest home invasion rates. If you are entering someone's home illegally, you know there is a chance you might get shot. Prohibition against alcohol did not work. It hasn't worked against drugs. Outlawing home invasions hasn't worked either. So, I have a right to shoot someone who might hurt my children.

Maybe we should ask, "Do people have the right to break into our homes?"
kabuga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kabuga.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by kabuga »

The gun isn't the answer because it has led to a lot of mass shooting which has claimed many lives of people.
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

There is no right or wrong answer to this question. It's based on a person's belief. Do they believe they're safer with a gun? Is a gun necessary? In this day and age, it's hard to say no about a weapon.
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

Gun is not the answer but the people who use guns are. Better education is also an answer, the happier and well educated the people are, the less violent there shall be.
AnitaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anitam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by AnitaM »

Guns are the problem, not the answer!
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 773
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Even then, I find that a gun really does not answer for self-defense. I may not be able to justify it with the author's stand point, but I can rest assure in the word of God: "He shall judge between the nations, And rebuke many people; They shall beat their swords into plowshares, And their spears into pruning hooks; Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, Neither shall they learn war anymore". And, "Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord".
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Gun is never the answer. We can always have other ways apart from this. Violence will never solve violence. The situation gets worse when those supposed to maintain law and order sleep on their job.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”