What do you think about the idea of knowing when you will die?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
Abolaji Mercy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What do you think about the idea of knowing when you will die?

Post by Abolaji Mercy »

KNOWING WHEN I WILL DIE. It is goin to be a great oppurtunity to me because am going to get ready for my next world , since these is not the end but the begining. but if there is one word i want GOD to remove from these world it would be DEATH :D :hand:
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

According to my view, knowing the day of your doom will only make you panick or lazy. Anyway what is the use of knowing it when it is sooner, less than one month. No time to do anything. And if I came to know that I will die in few more days, I would stop all my work and just watch some films and read books till I die. So What I think is not knowing the date of death is the drive force for us to do whatever we do and be whoever we are. Otherwise why we do all these things when we know that someday we die and that is imminent?? :eusa-think:
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Larss16

Post by Larss16 »

Knowing the day you will die simply makes life uninteresting. Your focus turns to watching the day approach rather than making creative approaches on key life decisions
new24
Favorite Author: Jim Cole
fav_author_id: 52930

Post by new24 »

is not good someone to know the day he or she will die because it will make him afraid
Salihu91

Post by Salihu91 »

I will not want to know when i will die,because knowing will bring more fear and chaos. :hand:
arcie72
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arcie72.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by arcie72 »

Is it a good idea? Would you want to know? How do you feel about science being able to predict something like this? Would you want scientists to release this information if they ever do learn how to get it?

I am ambivalent on the release of this information by scientists. It would be helpful for the medical community as they could help keep their patients heathier but it does have the potential of being misused. I personally would not want to know until I got older. I would love the opportunity to ensure my children and husband would be taken care of and all lose ends tied up. Having that time would help me die in peace with the knowledge that I did the best I could do for my loves ones before I passed.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

It might be a good thing to know when exactly you will die so as to be prepared and to get stuff done, achieve goals and accomplish things. On the downside, one might be anxious and instead of trying to be focused, might get distracted, or worse be feared and lost the chance to live life to the fullest instead of fully maximizing one's remaining time.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

jennyd2003 wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 22:22 I like the idea of being able to wrap things up. In reality though, I think if we know when we will pass then we will do things differently. We won't enjoy the time simply because we will be counting down until it's over. I'd rather not know and just enjoy time with my family.
I could not agree more.
Book O-Rama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-o-rama.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Book O-Rama »

If I were to know when I was going to die I might hurry to accomplish tasks I want to finish or I might ignore all of my responsibilities and try to figure out what I want to do and who I want to see and what I want to say to people before I die.
I wish I had believed my grandmother, parents, and aunts and uncles when I was in my teens through my thirties when they told me that I'd be old before I knew it.
It is shocking how quickly time gathers momentum as we age.
Aryan77

Post by Aryan77 »

An idea of Death can make a life more senseful. If I come to know the day of my death, other days of life are surely going to be more living. I'll try to do more and more in prder to leave a mark, a reason to be missed. Death has been always the utter truth of life which no one likes to talk upon but it is what is an, an evident act. If we notice keenly, the life we live can be made more living just by increasing a little amount of care, happiness and obviously, knowledge of a relationship with death.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I believe knowing when I might die can be a big burden and a cause of fear. I wouldn't want to be blessed (or cursed) with that knowledge.
Jacki Mac Iver Hill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: the irrational mind
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacki-mac-iver-hill.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Jacki Mac Iver Hill »

I pretty much ride the fence on this one. While it may give a sense of relief to know how long you have left, I agree different choices would most likely be made. However I believe those choices would be better, one wouldn't waste time with pretty grievances and one would try to make the time (s)he had count more. On the flip side, knowing when you're going to die could turn you extremely selfish and self involved, not caring how your actions or choices could affect others.
I personally wouldn't want to know but I do try to live each day as if it were my last.
Abfaniki
Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abfaniki.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Abfaniki »

To be realistic to knowing when you will die will appeal to those how lost their loved one.
Generally, people live for a reason if you take away that reason they see no reason to live this group of people won't mind knowing their departure date.
there is another group of people that this question will even seem absurd to because it will set things in motion that generally they left undone.
There is a third group that doesn't give a darn what happens.

the amazing thing is that science will get there and people will learn to live with the knowledge of their death: just like the childbirth thing you either want to know the child sex or you don't or you don't care.
personally for me knowing when I will die will surely depress me.

I could only imagine the counseling when the time is here. lol
opinion is like ass, everyone has one and it's full of sh*t. :D :lol: :o :(
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

Wow! By knowing when I will pass on, I will like to gather all my relatives to one table so that I will inform them about the notice. Then I will prepare very well and write my will. In addition, the last but not the least, I will go and get my favorite food to eat before the time elapses.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Abfaniki
Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abfaniki.html

Post by Abfaniki »

Bukari wrote: 26 May 2018, 04:34 Wow! By knowing when I will pass on, I will like to gather all my relatives to one table so that I will inform them about the notice. Then I will prepare very well and write my will. In addition, the last but not the least, I will go and get my favorite food to eat before the time elapses.

I like people that know what they want. good call!
seem like you love your food too. I guess almost all of us will do something like what you wrote, thus there will be a lot of kisses, hug, scuffle, and farewell in my plan: and I refuse to add xxx in my last thought or meeting (celibacy can be a way of making it to heaven). lol
lovely thought you have on this ....... :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
opinion is like ass, everyone has one and it's full of sh*t. :D :lol: :o :(

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”