Overall rating and opinion of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

I'd love to read and review that book. Is there any chance of doing it? I don't see it in the books proposed to me for review. Anyway, I think that the plot is very intriguing and based on all the reviews that I've read - it is a winner.
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

I liked the plot of the book. It was an ingenious and original idea and one that was explored very well by the author. I also liked the fact that it makes one think about life in eternity. I don't like to think about such things, but then perhaps we all should occasionally. I will definitely recommend it to friends to read because i think they will enjoy reading it as much as I did.
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino

Post by jessinikkip »

britt13 wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 19:34
jessinikkip wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 18:23 I am about 25% of the way through the novel right now, having almost immediately chosen to download it after reading what it was about. The part that I liked the most is the interaction of Vince and Trudi. They very much are just a normal couple going about their day in this crazy world of this novel, wondering who is right. The descriptions of people just really brings the characters to light for me. What's rubbing me wrong though is that the NRA is involved in this whole "Arm the Seniors" campaign to the point even assisted living places are taking their residents, and then NOT keeping up with who buys anything. It's like they want their senior residents to start shooting up the place.
The only parts I really enjoyed fully of the book were those with Vince and Trudi. You are right, it felt so real. I am not as old as they are by any means, but a lot of their day to day stuff is so similar to my husband and I. I thought he did a very good job developing those characters. Have you finished the book now? If so what are your thoughts now?
Oh yes, I did finish reading the novel and I loved the book. I did find that throughout the entire novel, I still felt the same about that couple. They were so fleshed out and real with their ups and downs and indecisiveness. I could really feel them as they struggled with what was going on. They definitely remained my favorite characters through the book.
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilizopita1998.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zilizopita1998 »

:tiphat:
vinodsai wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 10:30 Just read the sample. Final Notice by Van Fleisher is a good action thriller. Group of doctors creates a watch to monitor your health and vital signs and they even can predict the final days of human's life. What would you do when you find out you have only a week to live? The Concept is new. I will definitely give it a try.
:techie-studyinggray:
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

Christina Rose wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 10:36 I am still reading this book, but it seems well written so far. Parts of it are biased, but that was something I expected after reading the note from the author and the description.
I do believe in the right to bear arms, but I am reading with an open mind. So far I have not come across anything that would potentially keep me from finishing the book. I hope to visit this forum topic again to give more of my opinion.
Eagerly waiting for your opinion. Hope it will help me like the book.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

I thought that this was quite an interesting book as there are a lot of older people who are quite fearful for their safety. I also know a lot who would be happy to pull the trigger if they felt threatened! It is a very difficult topic and the thing that I am a little disappointed with was how easy it was for people to get a gun, what kind of questionnaire did they have to pass? It was a joke.
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

RebeccasReading wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 15:13 I was not impressed by the sample I read but based on the reviews of others, it sounds like it gets a lot better.
The reviews indeed make the book appear better.
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

Asen Stoyanchev wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 09:31 I'd love to read and review that book. Is there any chance of doing it? I don't see it in the books proposed to me for review. Anyway, I think that the plot is very intriguing and based on all the reviews that I've read - it is a winner.
I think you can contact the moderators. They can help you.
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by dtb »

I just finished this one. It felt like it could be happening right now. I enjoyed it.
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

zilizopita1998 wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 08:21
Asen Stoyanchev wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 09:31 I'd love to read and review that book. Is there any chance of doing it? I don't see it in the books proposed to me for review. Anyway, I think that the plot is very intriguing and based on all the reviews that I've read - it is a winner.
I think you can contact the moderators. They can help you.
I will do that,thanks! :) :(
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

Proud to be writing its review soon. Hope you will enjoy it.
grahase71
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grahase71.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by grahase71 »

I haven't read the book yet; but from what I have read about it, I think I might give it a try and come back with a more versed opinion. I am a concealed weapons carrier, have been for several years----don't plan to stop now; but I do believe our gun laws need a lot of work.
SEG
lenabug640
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by lenabug640 »

I believe that the book "Final Notice" would be a good book to read because it has a good ring to it and it makes alot of sense to me.
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Star88 »

I liked it. I usually don't like political thrillers, but this one wasn't too bad. It did give me a new perspective on the elderly but I wish the ending wasn't so abrupt.
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

I really enjoyed Fleisher's book for the most part. I liked that it was such a relevant book. However, I gave it a 3 out of 4 star rating. I go into details in my review. I felt that I got a bit lost midway into the story and I think the multiple stories made it challenging to stay focused. I find that I enjoy fewer characters in my stories, they are a lot more memorable that way.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”