Overall rating and opinion of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
lisamcogutu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisamcogutu.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher

Post by lisamcogutu »

lori_parker2003 wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 09:26 Had trouble getting through the few pages they give to check out the book. Found it slow and I am a pro-gun person so this biased my view I think. Probably will not buy the book to read in full.
Wow! Another thriller lover but quick action I guess. It's nice, try it though.
Happyday90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happyday90.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Happyday90 »

So it’s Very interesting that the book is about a group of doctors that create a watch that can tell them when an individual is about to die. It is a little disturbing. However, it is in lightning. People can learn to live each day as if it’s their last.
Happyday90
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happyday90.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Happyday90 »

Every person should live each day as their last. I like the authors idea that a watch can tell when someone may die. It would make more sense if the persons life could be spared.
zilipendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilipendwa.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by zilipendwa »

I really liked this book since it mirrors the prevailing situation in the USA today.
zilipendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilipendwa.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by zilipendwa »

lori_parker2003 wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 09:26 Had trouble getting through the few pages they give to check out the book. Found it slow and I am a pro-gun person so this biased my view I think. Probably will not buy the book to read in full.
I equally had the same issues.
FawkesThorn
Currently Reading: The Titan's Curse
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawkesthorn.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by FawkesThorn »

I'm not sure if I will be reading this in full, it was a little hard for me to get through the sample. I don't really like the idea of knowing ahead of time when I will die and with everything going in the world at the moment, in real life, I just want to enjoy a book that won't put me back into the real world problems even if it fiction.
Gsamour
Currently Reading: I'll Point to Heaven
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gsamour.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Gsamour »

I liked the idea that everyone should live each day like it is their last and be able to protect themselves. I know this is a current debate in today's society so I really liked the depiction of the character Vince and his wife Trudi. They are watching the world fall apart and are beginning to realize they need to protect themselves. I was skeptical when reading the sample of the book, but went on to finish it and I think it was completed well!
isa3030
Currently Reading: Just in Time
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by isa3030 »

Final Natice by Van Flaisher, book i love reading that lives you think about gun runing,a challeng to international comity,a testimony of world of tales.Is a fiction story not far from reality written in United State,about a device that can predict final day in human life,in the story a group of medical scientists created a watch that can monitor your health and predict the day of your death depending on the nature of the illness,the watch not magic but scientific production ,can not predict sudden death such as car accident or murder with that people could get final notice from months to days before their death.Great idea people fixe their will,visit friends,descuss with family and others.But gun was introduced in the system whereby people started using gun to sattle problems minding they will be accountable living the opion of whether to own gun or not,nice review rating it 4-4star,enjoyable and well edited,recommending it to readers wanting to own gun,likable characters with multidimentional veiws
AcBoka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acboka.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by AcBoka »

Not really my cup of tea.
Abida Tasneem
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abida Tasneem »

This book was amazing. Everybody must read it so that they can gain knowledge about doctors, health and monitoring. I recommend this book each and every person who wants to read a book you can read this book.
I really loved it.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I have read a few reviews trying to peice together what this book is about. From what I have gathered it sounds like this book would not be of any interest to me. Thank you for the reviews.
Shaggy-Reads
Currently Reading: Bound in Flames
Bookshelf Size: 393
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaggy-reads.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Shaggy-Reads »

Overall I found the sample to be one sided and not something I would want to read in its entirety. The view of gun control is a hot topic but what people fail to realize and accept is that if one desires a gun they will go unlawful routes or take guns others have acquired by legal means. Gun control is not the true issue but controlling the access points to them from illegal
means and unsafe storage where the guns are accessible. Criminals and shooters will find a gun no matter the laws in place. The premise of the book and knowing the time of death is not a new question or concept. However, the presentation in the book is a varied take on the subject. The book is too biased for me to read further and is not my cup of tea. For me it is a 1 out of 4 Star. I would not recommend or read it.
“Choice is always there even when there seems to be none; choose wisely. You are a product of those choices.” :lire4:
ChrisChatfield
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrischatfield.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by ChrisChatfield »

I read the review and think it will be an interesting read. We live in an age of information overload where people think that the more you know the better, so it is interesting to read a book about the unintended consequences of that knowledge. There have been numerous stories of people who know when they will depart this life, but it seems to be given to those who have a firm foundation.
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

Judging from all the comments, this books sounds more than interesting. I enjoy reading on contraversial topics, even when I don't share the same view as the author... just to gain insight into other perspectives.
Tiffany_Jean8787
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffany-jean8787.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Tiffany_Jean8787 »

I am not really one for politics, but I believe 100% in the right to bear arms. The thought of reading a book that talks on the opposite isn't very interesting to me. However, I am interested in the thought of knowing when you will die. I am still undecided about reading this book. I'll check back in here if I do.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”