Do the women represent the specific types of friend each woman should have?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
tristenb
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: Do the women represent the specific types of friend each woman should have?

Post by tristenb »

I think the type of bond these women created is very unique. It's not likely many people have the opportunity to have a group of friends like this. However, I do think that many people might have different types of friends from different activities. Everyone needs an older, wiser friend to guide them, a friend that supports them and takes care of them, and a friend to bring out their wild side.

Sufi_khan
Favorite Book: The Da Vinci Code
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sufi-khan.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Sufi_khan »

Having different personalities in your circle of friends is nice, but not always possible. Being a woman belonging to Eastern culture and background, but a full-time career in healthcare and kids ranging from teenagers to young children meant I had no time to nurture friendships. I realize what a blessing friends are. Friendships happen spontaneously but need active effort and time, like the characters in the story have for each other.

Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nkoo »

Various circumstances pulled the women to one another in the book. Ordinarily, everyone is unique, it is this uniqueness that individuals bring into a relationship. With respect to women's relationships, it is this individuality that they bring to the relationships they have with their friends and this appears as though it was deliberate, meanwhile it was unplanned originally. It is great to have an assortment of friends though.

Y0landa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-y0landa.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by Y0landa »

In my humble opinion, friendship is a thing of the heart. Their personalities do not matter as long as they are good friends.

I feel blessed to say, I have a combination of a Rose and a Sophie in my life.

Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Ria710 »

I would definitely say that my range of friends have different personalities, but there are a lot of things that we each have in common. And this is what makes our relationship strong.

NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

I don't think you need specific 'types' of friend or will ever real find anyone that fits neatly into a category. People are interesting because they are unique and diverse and friendship should celebrate differences and similarities equally.

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”