Who is your favourite and/or least favourite Reel Sister and why?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
angiejack456
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angiejack456.html
Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler

Re: Who is your favourite and/or least favourite Reel Sister and why?

Post by angiejack456 »

R-g-R wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 00:35 I’m guessing this may be contentious and even I may change my opinion, but so far, having just read the first few chapters, I have found Rose the most annoying! I know....probably you all love her :)
But who has time, energy and the cash to do all the lovely, individual things for each of the Reel Sisters?! Maybe this reflects more on me but in our current economic climate I found it difficult to relate to her. Maybe it means that deep down I wish I had a Rose in my life?
I’ll be fascinated to see if my opinion changes throughout my reading.

What do you think?
Absolutely! I could not find this character genuine at all. I think someone with this type of money, time and selfless nature can only be found on the pages of a novel. But I would love to be proven wrong!
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

My opinion may change because I am not finished with the book yet, but so far I enjoy Amanda's character. I think she has a lot of hidden pain in her life, and the time she spends with the others is very important for her.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

I do like Veronica and Sophie, Melody is also great. I can't really bring myself to care for Amanda or Rose, though.
Joy Catap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-catap.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Joy Catap »

I love Veronica. Many might hate her and that's understandable. She's a cocky, but that is to expect from a CEO who trains other women to be confident. I really love women who step up their game and achieve their goals. I can also relate to her being a rockstar at reheating. How I love that scene so much!
I do not love Melody like how I love the original four. I just do not connect to her that much. And maybe because I cannot feel the sisterhood in her unlike the other four.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

My favorite character was Sophie. I could relate to her best. Also, I got to know more about her because she seemed to narrate the most. I also liked Melody. I was glad she stayed with the group. They learned as much from her as she did from them. It’s nice to have a diverse group of friends. The character I like least was Amanda. I never really connected with her.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
kelso9326
Favorite Book: Life Expectancy
Currently Reading: Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelso9326.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by kelso9326 »

I think Rose reminded me the most of myself so I guess she would be my favorite. My least favorite has to be Melody. That trek she took by herself through the woods was so irresponsible. She bothers me to my core.
Reader5698
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader5698.html
Latest Review: The Onion Picker: Carmen Basilio and Boxing In The 1950s by Gary B. youmans

Post by Reader5698 »

Sophie was my favorite character. She was intelligent and funny, and she did so much for her friends. Out of the five women, there wasn't really a character I didn't like. Some were more relatable than others to me, but they all added something to the group and made their friendship special.
Liana Mayhew
Favorite Book: The Orb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liana-mayhew.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Liana Mayhew »

Can I have more than one? :lol: I love rose's wit, Sophie's selflessness, and Amanda's strength. I suppose it would be easier just to say my least favorite. That had to be Veronica. She's nice enough, but I felt she was too perfect and too together.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

I can't choose a favorite among the women because i loved each of them in a special way. I disliked Chad, Amanda's ex-boyfriend because of his disruptive behavior of Amanda's marriage.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

I liked all the women. Each had her own distinctive character. I do not like any of them less.
oluchiokere84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchiokere84.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by oluchiokere84 »

My least favorite character was Melody. I still wonder how she had the nerve to try to take a nude picture outdoors. I liked Rose and Sophie a lot.
Y0landa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-y0landa.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Y0landa »

My favorite character was Sophie. She is the friend anyone would love to have; selfless, reliable, kind-hearted, and always there for her friends in the time of need. I was so happy when she discovered a love that mended her broken heart. She truly deserved it!
Infinite I
Favorite Book: How to Define Yourself
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-infinite-i.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Infinite I »

My favourite was Amanda. She was like a motherly figure.
elhein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elhein.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by elhein »

My favorite was Veronica! When she spoke I heard confidence. She never put herself down and even with fly fishing found a positive attitude. In my personal friendships I'm attracted to strong women with positive outlooks. I would absolutely be her friend. Especially with fabulous meals as a perk!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I could really relate to Melody and Sophie. Melody is young and looking for her life purpose. Sophie is highly independent, proactive, doesn't like asking for help, just like myself :D I really loved them all though, there was no one I particularly disliked for that matter.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”