Who is your favourite and/or least favourite Reel Sister and why?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Re: Who is your favourite and/or least favourite Reel Sister and why?

Post by Elle Howard »

I have enjoyed reading all of your opinions and thoughts on your favorites. It is interesting to hear your reason for your choice. Mine is Sophie. She is the dependable one. I thought she was the friend we all want to have and the friend we all strive to be.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
roamnoor
Currently Reading: God? Very Probably
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roamnoor.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by roamnoor »

My favourite character is Melody. She has a rebellious streak with tattoos and a little bit rough. A character that is true to herself.
atonykamau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atonykamau.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by atonykamau »

My favorite sister would have to be Melody her fun and rebellious nature made the book even more fun to read
shraddharm
Favorite Book: Beyond embarrasment
Currently Reading: The Disembodied
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shraddharm.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by shraddharm »

I don't think any of the character was my least favorite but my most favorite was Sophie because she was practical in life. I loved that about her.
-R
michmc3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=3943">my sisters keeper</a>
Currently Reading: Hungry Heart
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by michmc3 »

R-g-R wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 00:35 I’m guessing this may be contentious and even I may change my opinion, but so far, having just read the first few chapters, I have found Rose the most annoying! I know....probably you all love her :)
But who has time, energy and the cash to do all the lovely, individual things for each of the Reel Sisters?! Maybe this reflects more on me but in our current economic climate I found it difficult to relate to her. Maybe it means that deep down I wish I had a Rose in my life?
I’ll be fascinated to see if my opinion changes throughout my reading.

What do you think?
Hello RgR! My mom is a quilter and she has made hundreds of quilts for other people. She's also retired and has the time to do this! I hope you find a 'Rose' in your life. ;) ~Michelle Cummings
R-g-R
Currently Reading: The Picketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-g-r.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by R-g-R »

michmc3 wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 15:11
R-g-R wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 00:35 I’m guessing this may be contentious and even I may change my opinion, but so far, having just read the first few chapters, I have found Rose the most annoying! I know....probably you all love her :)
But who has time, energy and the cash to do all the lovely, individual things for each of the Reel Sisters?! Maybe this reflects more on me but in our current economic climate I found it difficult to relate to her. Maybe it means that deep down I wish I had a Rose in my life?

What do you think?
Hello RgR! My mom is a quilter and she has made hundreds of quilts for other people. She's also retired and has the time to do this! I hope you find a 'Rose' in your life. ;) ~Michelle Cummings
Hi Michelle, thanks for your comment! :)
Your Mum sounds amazing. Did the making of quilts for others only happen post-retirement? What work was she doing before she retired? It’s all very interesting. My Mum is retired and has a home that is paid off, etc, however she has never been one for crafts. I’m aware that in my current situation in Sydney, Australia, I may never have my own home and may well never get to the point of being able to retire for that reason plus the cost of living here, etc. I’m sure some of that affects my views but am glad to hear that others are in a better situation. Best wishes,
Rohena
Richard Whitehead
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-whitehead.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Richard Whitehead »

Sophie is my favorite reel sister. I loved how she fights with life
Richard Whitehead

Richard Whitehead wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 23:41 Sophie is my favorite reel sister. I loved how she fights with life
At a tender age, this young girl is already providing for herself
Richard Whitehead

Richard Whitehead wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 23:42
Richard Whitehead wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 23:41 Sophie is my favorite reel sister. I loved how she fights with life
At a tender age, this young girl is already providing for herself
Many young people are not always in a position to cater for themselves.
Richard Whitehead

atonykamau wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 06:49 My favorite sister would have to be Melody her fun and rebellious nature made the book even more fun to read
I equally loved Melody's rebellion
Alex Hughes
Currently Reading: To stir a fae's passion
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-hughes.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Alex Hughes »

I love them all but my favorite Reel Sister was Sophie.
Xancode
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

first is Sophie and followed by Rose as per their attitudes
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I like all of them, but my favorite reel sisters are Sophie and Rose. Sophie because she makes good decisions and she is practical. She is a good role model for everyone. I like Rose because as everyone knows, she is kind and affectionate.
michmc3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=3943">my sisters keeper</a>
Currently Reading: Hungry Heart
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by michmc3 »

R-g-R wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 18:46
michmc3 wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 15:11

What do you think?
Hi Michelle, thanks for your comment! :)
Your Mum sounds amazing. Did the making of quilts for others only happen post-retirement? What work was she doing before she retired? It’s all very interesting. My Mum is retired and has a home that is paid off, etc, however she has never been one for crafts. I’m aware that in my current situation in Sydney, Australia, I may never have my own home and may well never get to the point of being able to retire for that reason plus the cost of living here, etc. I’m sure some of that affects my views but am glad to hear that others are in a better situation. Best wishes,
Rohena
My mom is quite amazing. She sewed a lot when I was a child. She even made some of our clothes! Once all of my siblings and I were in school she quit sewing and opened a day care center for children. She had that 15 years, then opened a restaurant for 10 years. When i was pregnant with my first child I mentioned to her that I wanted her to make a baby blanket for her new grandson, and that's when she picked up sewing again. Now that she's retired she sews every day!

I've been to Sydney before. So beautiful there! We did the bridge climb and toured around the city.

Best wishes,
Michelle Cummings
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Hands down lovable Rose! Who could not love her mature, loving attitude and nature, as well as her quick wit and sorry to say, I did not like Amanda's damper posture. I understand her great concern for her husband and children, but dang, instead for sympathizing for her, her misery in return brought me way down.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”