What can readers learn about friendship through this book?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
Artfullyarranged
Currently Reading: Heartaches 2
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artfullyarranged.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Re: What can readers learn about friendship through this book?

Post by Artfullyarranged »

This was the demonstration of healthy friendships and they happened to be all female. We are social beings and benefit greatly from true friendships. All too often there is something toxic in the mix disguised as a friend. We didnt have any "mean girls" in this sweet story.
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

LanieTaj wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 03:44 Friends are one of the precious things that I have on my life. I never know what my life would be without them. As I read this, i want to cherish all the moments with them.
I totally agree. Good friends are always precious.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

This book shows that friends make life a lot easier. It is important to cherish the time you have with them and show them gratitude.
Kayleigh Brookes
Currently Reading: Death, Taxes, and a Shotgun Wedding
Bookshelf Size: 319
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayleigh-brookes.html
Latest Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Post by Kayleigh Brookes »

I always used to think that the numbers of friends I had in my life made all the difference, but the more "friends" I had didn't seem to make a difference at all when it came to my happiness. Having a few close friends is a lot more fulfilling. It's okay to lose friends throughout your life as well, people come and go and that's okay.
Delioness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delioness.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Delioness »

KasieMiehlke wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 21:44 This has changed my opinion on friendship. It makes me realize I need to put in more effort with the friends that I have. I think people can learn that it isn't the quantity of friends that you have, but the quality. I personally related to the way that a simple hobby bonded all these ladies.
It is a fact that the quality and not the quantity of friends an individual associates with is what actually matters. One can have a million friends, and yet be without friends. The binding force in any friendship, is the shared goals and common interest.
I concur with your viewpoint.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book really shows how important friendship is. It's so refreshing to have people who support you no matter what. I don't have too many friends like that. This books just reminds me to keep the ones that I do have close.
jamertin2963
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamertin2963.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by jamertin2963 »

I liked that some of the characters had disagreements and they were able to apologize and move on. It shows the importance of not always having to agree in order to stay good friends. I also appreciated that they could all find things to bond over, despite how different they were.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I think it's important to have friendships, especially strong friendships.I like how the book also details the struggles of friendships and how they overcame it. I think this book went into great detail about the strength of friendships and we as readers can learn a lot about it from this book.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Job Njoroge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-job-njoroge.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Job Njoroge »

Having friends is one thing while having good friends who will be there for you is very different. Just as the saying goes "Remember those who help you in times of troubles, remember those who abandoned you in times of troubles and most importantly remember those who put you in trouble in the first place." We should all strive to foster better relationships with our friends since it is the quality and not the quantity that matters.
Nena_Morena
Favorite Book: The Notebook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nena-morena.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by Nena_Morena »

This book really made me think of my current friendships and the ones I had in the past. I learned about selfless love, patience and sacrifice. I think I underestimated the power of these three values and Sophie, Rose, Amanda, Veronica, and Melody gave me a beautiful example of great friendship beyond differences.
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

What readers can learn about friendship from this book is that the best things in life such as a valuable bonding may derive from a seemingly ordinary platform as fly fishing.
Bewa
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades Darker
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bewa.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Bewa »

I learnt that for any friendship to work a lot of understanding is needed. Every party has to contribute for any friendship to work. No matter how many people you call friends, if they don't support you then they are not really your friends.
atonykamau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atonykamau.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by atonykamau »

The book shows us the importance of friendship and why we need friends in our lives.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I have yet read this book; knowing it is about friendship makes me want to finish the one I am currently reading! Friendship is a big deal with me so I am looking forward to meet the characters of this soon!
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

friendship is not just about someone calling you a friend. its about what you do for each other as friends. being there for each other in good and bad times
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”