What can readers learn about friendship through this book?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Re: What can readers learn about friendship through this book?

Post by Itskai88 »

this book is wonderful, friendships are precious and great friends are hard to find. this book makes me realize that i need to be a great friend myself, not to expect too much all the time but to be thankful for what i have with them. sometimes we get so busy with life that we forget to say thank you to friends who find time for us even in their busy lives.
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

I think one thing that we can learn is the importance of having a solid, close group of friends. These women did not see each other very often, but when they meet again, they can always pick back up where they left off. This is a super helpful characteristic for a friend group to have as the members become busy adults.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Readers can learn to treasure their friendships and always be there for each other. I like how it shows women as genuinely supportive of each other instead of competing with each other.
dcw
Favorite Author: Louisa May Alcott
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcw.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve
fav_author_id: 332

Post by dcw »

This book made me look at my relationships. Particularly those relationships with close friends that I have had for many years. This book was a great opportunity for self-reflection. I had a renewed appreciation for my friends after reading this book. I don't know where I would be without the close-knit supportive people in my life! :)
Joy Catap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-catap.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Joy Catap »

It makes me realize my shortcomings as a friend; it inspires me to be a better person towards the people around me. It teaches me that differences are not a hindrance to have strong friendships.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

Absolutely, this book has taught me a lot. Good friends are priceless and should be appreciated at all times. We don't always know what we have until we lose it. I learned the power in a great relationship such as that portrayed in the book. I learned that there's strength in number. I like the fact that it was a closely-knit relationship they all shared.
Y0landa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-y0landa.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Y0landa »

It's taught me how true friendship can really help to strengthen and encourage each other always in a positive way. Friendship is love. Love moves mountains.
Infinite I
Favorite Book: How to Define Yourself
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-infinite-i.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Infinite I »

Friendship is the basic theme of this book. They all connect via fly fishing but their friendship is much above that. Their friendship gives them power to face the struggles of their lives.
Saraion
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Saraion »

This book is about friendship. It is love. Love should be appreciated by friends who will not regret or regret it later. This book transformed me
Palfree
Currently Reading: Holly and Homiicide
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palfree.html
Latest Review: What If They Knew by T.R.Hendrick

Post by Palfree »

I feel that people of different ages and backgrounds can become close friends if they have a chance to interact and learn from each other. I have had wonderful friends of many different ages throughout my life. Most of my friends I have met through church or serving in the community.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

This book made me grateful for the friends I have and the connection I have with them. This book teaches that it doesn't matter if your friends live far away, you can still have a strong relationship with them.
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

I think this book teaches you that friends can be made from anyone at anytime, and to treasure the friends you have.
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

This book reminded me of my friends. We don't fly fish, but we do have many things in common. However, we each bring something different to the friendship and our bond is as strong as the bond with my family. I never had a sister, but these three girls are the same as a sister would be. We share our happy, sad, scared, anxious, and bad times.
Alice Festo
Favorite Book: Deceitful Survival
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-festo.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Alice Festo »

"The Reel Sisters" showed me that friend isn't always about gathering together and having a good time. It's getting to know one another personally, their struggles and joy. Lifting them when they are down. Assissting when there is a need. Knowing their family members and loving them as a part of your family. It definitely changed my view of friendship.
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

I think one of the most important lessons on the book is that when someone is willing to invest love, time and dedication into building a friendship, differences like age or the world view of the individuals are far from being a problem. Their friendship was so strong not because they shared a hobby but because how actively they encouraged and loved each other, and how they accepted each other just as they were.

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”