Random Ways the Characters Became Friends

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
Y0landa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-y0landa.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Re: Random Ways the Characters Became Friends

Post by Y0landa »

I think the way Rosie and Sophie just bumped into each other at the fly fishing shop was very realistic. They shared the same interests so it was very natural for them to make plans and get together. I've experienced how two people met on a long flight and swapped telephone numbers, which is how Veronica and Sophie met, so this encounter does seem natural to me. Also, with friendship, sometimes it takes time but other times you just hit it off from the start.

Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Ria710 »

To me, the most realistic friendship was Rose and Sophie's, just because of how they met. Personally, I think Melody's friendship was the most unrealistic and it felt rushed.

NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

I think people do sometimes just click and thus had only a few of them just hit it off after one meeting it would have been realistic, but given that they all seemed to have developed their friendships off these single random encounters it was a little unbelievable.

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”