Overall rating and opinion of " The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings

Post by Rosebella »

It definitely a surprise.For me the aspect of fly fishing made me think it would be a bore.From the review ,learnt it holds quite abit ,concerning the relationship between the women .I haven't read it yet,I anticipate it be worth it. :techie-reference:
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I don't think I'll be reading this. I really dislike fishing and don't think I could sift through the extensive fishing descriptions other have said take place in the book. Others have also mentioned that having five main characters is overkill, especially since the book switches between their points of view. That really puts me off the book. It takes a very well-written novel to pull of switching between view points like that, and I'm picky about it.
Echo Haapala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Poseidon's Eye by Trisha O'Keefe

Post by Echo Haapala »

I just finished reading this book and I thought it was fascinating. I really enjoyed the characters. I think the author did a great job developing each one. She definitely made it easy to feel like I was a part of the fly fishing crew. I disliked the slow beginning and felt because there were so many viewpoints that some of the stories were a bit rushed.

I would definitely recommend this book as I believe there will be a story and stories within the pages that will resonate with everyone.
Annette Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Annette Smith »

what a great read. A reel insight into many walks of life! (see what I did there?)

I hhighly recommended it as a good solid descriptive read for all walks of life.
Ana_Saints
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading: How to Dance with the Universe
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-saints.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Ana_Saints »

The reviews didn't disappoint me. This novel is really something and unique. This story broke the stereotypes, that girls can go fly fishing as well, it subtly gives it's readers a good message that regardless of gender, age culture and etc. all of us are just the same. This book also gives us a true meaning of friendship.
Alex Hughes
Currently Reading: To stir a fae's passion
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-hughes.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Alex Hughes »

I think it would have been a better book if the men were left out of it completely. The entire characters revolves around women, the women now over power the men. I think thats why its Unique and interesting.
i rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to young girls or newly married girls.
Xancode
Amondi Oluoch
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amondi-oluoch.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Amondi Oluoch »

Five very different women, from different backgrounds and even career uniting to form such a strong bond was so enticing.
Their dialogues don't sound like the normal English I'm used to, and therefore it was kind of boring to me.
When it comes to directing the world to work with you, age doesn't matter, race doesn't matter, origin doesn't matter.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

A new sport was introduced to me.I have never been fishing so it gave me a lot of insight. At the end of this book it became an interest id like to pursue.I just might add it up to my bucket list.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Happyday90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happyday90.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Happyday90 »

I don’t know much about fly fishing. But I do like the idea of the women creating a nice bond. I probably won’t read though.
Happyday90
Currently Reading:

Post by Happyday90 »

It seems like a great read just because it is relatable for people who care about fly fishing and people who care about women from different backgrounds bonding .
Happyday90
Currently Reading:

Post by Happyday90 »

I’ve read multiple reviews that say the book starts off really slow and the characters take a while to be introduced. This can make the book boring especially if it’s not making readers wonder what’s going to happen next
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

The character development brings them to live in the mind of the reader. I have also learned a lot about fly fishing thanks to the book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to enjoy a lovely story full of adventure.
FawkesThorn
Currently Reading: The Titan's Curse
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawkesthorn.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by FawkesThorn »

I loved the back stories on the characters and learning of a new sport. It was a little hard for me to get through the first part of the book because of the information load but once I got into the story and got past all of that I really enjoyed it.
Gsamour
Currently Reading: I'll Point to Heaven
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gsamour.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Gsamour »

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings tells a heartfelt tale of the lives of several women, who at first seem to have nothing in common, but are bonded over their love of fly fishing. I learned a lot about fly fishing from this book and, because I am from Colorado, loved the setting! I enjoyed the characters and their ups and downs working through good times and bad. I truly did not want this book to end!
AcBoka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acboka.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by AcBoka »

An interesting sport has been included in this book which is great. I like the fact that the main theme is friendship. Everyone needs to know how important are friends.

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”