Overall rating and opinion of " The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
tristenb
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings

Post by tristenb »

I rated "The Reel Sisters" 4 out of 4 stars. I loved the story and each of the women are so relatable. Their deep bond is what made the book so appealing. I think each of us could relate to one of the women. While I'm not interested in fly fishing, I did enjoy learning about something new. I think the patience that it takes to learn and practice the sport was reflected throughout the story as a common theme. It was also needed within each their lives and in their friendship with eachother. There was nothing that I didn't like about the book. I would recommend it to women of any age who enjoy character driven stories about friendship and a litte bit of love.
Liana Mayhew
Favorite Book: The Orb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liana-mayhew.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Liana Mayhew »

I really liked The Reel Sisters and rated it 4 out of 4. I did, however, find the dialogue unnatural at times, people don't speak like that in the real world. I still rated it so high because of the characters. It may have taken a while to get their full backstories, but each was well written. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes character-led stories and fishing, both learning the sport and those who already love to fish.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

I loved the kind of friendship these women shared. I loved their little harmless verbal fights. I would definitely recommend it to others.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

Overall, I awarded the book a 4 out of 4 stars. I liked most that it's a fun book that left one in stitches at various times. I liked the fly fishing theme. Prior to reading the book, I knew nothing about fly fishing. Despite describing the sport at almost every turn in the book, the term 'fly fishing was not defined expressly so that the reader would get a handle on what it is they are reading about. I would surely recommend it to a friend; it's fun and interesting. I enjoyed reading it.
Y0landa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-y0landa.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Y0landa »

I absolutely loved this book and I rated it 4 out of 4 stars! I loved the sense of humor that was used throughout, all of the characters and their solid friendship bond, and how fly fishing terminogy was used to relate to life. The only thing I didn't like was how the story ended. Nonetheless, I would definately recommend this book to anyone over 18.
Infinite I
Favorite Book: How to Define Yourself
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-infinite-i.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Infinite I »

I love to read women oriented books. And this book also involves outdoor sports. I will definitely recommend it to all those who are interested in fly fishing or the ones who who love to read women based books. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Palfree
Currently Reading: Holly and Homiicide
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palfree.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Palfree »

I really enjoy reading women's fiction. I am not into sports. I found that even when I knew nothing about fly fishing, I still really enjoyed this book. It is a wonderful book about how a shared love of a sport can help women from different backgrounds form strong friendships. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Saraion
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Saraion »

I love reading women books, books about women and sports, I think all women should read this book once. I fell in love with it. Everything was perfect
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Giga51087 »

I liked the idea of abook were the main topic apart of the relationships and development of the characters is fly fishing.

It is agood turn arround and a fresh image. The genders of the protagonists it is also a very good idea more wen the teme in cuestion it is mostly aproached from the male perspective. The idea of a group of womens enjoing fresh air in a paradisiac locations made a very good contrast for the background.

I am fully interested in picking this one up to read.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I thought the book was amazing, I really loved it. My favorite parts are when they are all laughing and having fun fishing together. The part I disliked the most would have to be the ending, I just think it was very unexpected and I would have liked it to end another way. Overall, I would definitely recommend the book to adults and anyone who like the idea of fly fishing.
readerrihana
Currently Reading: Cute tooth decay
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerrihana.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by readerrihana »

I was considering the book but was wondering if it really is that interesting
And if it contains profanity or lewdness, reference to body parts etc
khaulah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaulah.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by khaulah »

It was refreshing to read about healthy female friendships. What I inferred from the book was that we need to get away from our busy lives from time to time and spend a little time with people who genuinely care for us and love us. I felt like the ending was rushed and the dialogues didn't feel authentic sometimes. Overall, it was a good reading experience.
Ariely 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariely-20.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ariely 20 »

Enjoyed reading the book. I loved the characters, the imagery, narration style and even the fly fishing details i picked up.
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

I rated it 3 out of 4 but It was more of a 2.5 for me. It had an engaging story line but I found the writing style frustrating.
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

I rated it two out of four. The characters were well written, and there's no doubt that there was quite a lot of work invested in their background stories. But there was a ridiculous amount of details that I found unnecessary, and that made it dull. The first 50 pages or so could have been 10 without all those details. Having to read the book in several points of view was slightly confusing as well. In this case, I would have used a third person narrative instead.

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”