Which is your favourite quote from the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2018 Book of the Month, "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Kelaine
Currently Reading: The Left Hand of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelaine.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Re: Which is your favourite quote from the book?

Post by Kelaine »

"There are some beautiful people in this world who do beautiful things for others, even though they may suffer greatly because they don't conform to the norm."
Love this quote! And how true, right? Who doesn't know someone (and kudos to you if you are that someone!) that will go absolutely above and beyond to do something beautiful for others, even though the 'others' may never recognize it.
mbray22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by mbray22 »

My favorite quote from this book is, 'If you ponder but don't take action, your dreams remain dreams.Take action and your dreams can take flight.' I literally LOVE this quote and everything about it. It's been one of my favorites for a while now and when I read it in the book I instantly knew, I'm finishing this!!
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

Scrawling Pen wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 20:01 My favorite quote was "We all possess the power of compassion..." Although it is incredibly simple, I absolutely believe it. No matter who you are--rich, poor, successful, struggling, etc.--you have the ability to show compassion. If everyone just showed a bit of compassion, we might truly change the world.
I was scrolling through the replies to see if someone has quoted this and found this post. I liked this quote too because it is 'simple but effective'. A few words but they have deeper meaning and that is why I liked it.
-R
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

My favourite quote was “In our town, few people reached ‘escape velocity’ and broke free of the gravitational forces holding them in place.” This shows that only several individuals had the courage to progress in terms of socio-economic status which is shown in today's society; that explains the strain on the economy. Also the analogy was indeed creative.
Kutoyi Clare
Currently Reading: Cossack
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kutoyi-clare.html
Latest Review: The Inmate by Alan P. Woodruff

Post by Kutoyi Clare »

"There are some beautiful people in this world who do beautiful things for others, but have to suffer greatly because they don't conform to the norm "
Fra15klin125
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Fra15klin125 »

My favorite quote was "We all possess the power of compassion..."
Jfoust1988
Currently Reading: The Vampire Secret
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jfoust1988.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Jfoust1988 »

If I did have to pick one given so many excellent quotes it be a i second that moment of
" A free man is free because at some point in his life he's willing to stop hiding and be himself. "
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

It is hard to choose a favorite but I really liked "Look where you want to go in life, not at where you don't want to go..." page 126. I tend to spend a lot of time thinking about what I do not want to do in life and the reasons why. I need to spend less time dwelling on the negative and more time pursuing my dreams.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Zain A Blade
Favorite Book: Find You and Find Everything
Currently Reading: The End of the Beginning
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zain-a-blade.html
Latest Review: Swordpoint by David Crane

Post by Zain A Blade »

Among my favourite quotes is "daydreaming is part of future planning". Because all great achievements start with a vision.
TashaCrispin
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tashacrispin.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by TashaCrispin »

Scrawling Pen wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 20:01 My favorite quote was "We all possess the power of compassion..." Although it is incredibly simple, I absolutely believe it. No matter who you are--rich, poor, successful, struggling, etc.--you have the ability to show compassion. If everyone just showed a bit of compassion, we might truly change the world.
This is what impressed me too. Even the branded ''monsters'' weren't always that way.
TashaCrispin
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tashacrispin.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by TashaCrispin »

This is what impressed me too. Even the branded ''monsters'' weren't always that way.
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I like the quote, "Stop ordinary thoughts from reigning in your mind and extraordinary thinking can begin". I like it because it puts the concept at the forfont of the truth about your thoughts, that it is A DAILY STRUGGLE. Every second our minds can choose positive or negative thoughts and every second we have the choice to decide which one is going to improve our lives and make us happy, or destroy our thinking and make us miserable.
Calidroz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calidroz.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Calidroz »

So true! Thank you for sharing!
Shola0706
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shola0706.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Shola0706 »

Gikonyo Caroline wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 11:43 A free man is free because at some point in his life he's willing to stop hiding and be himself. This is definitely my favourite quote drawn from my favourite subject Identity
I think this is deep - Identity. I sometimes wonder if age has to do with it. When you grow older, become more independent, you can afford to be who you want to be regardless whether others accept who you are.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

"I just decided not to die" was the best for me. Decisions...decisions...decisions.

Return to “Discuss "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White”