Which is your favourite quote from the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2018 Book of the Month, "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Re: Which is your favourite quote from the book?

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

daratega11 wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 07:56 My favourite quote from this book is, "if it is to be, it is up to me".
Nice one there, definitely a true statement.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
Mekkinism
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mekkinism.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Mekkinism »

NeonKay wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 18:29
Sincerely wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 03:15 There were so many quotes in the book and all happen to be my favourite, but if am to choose one, then i'd settle on
'If you ponder but don't take action, your dreams remain dreams. Take action and your dreams can take flight'
'If you ponder but don't take action, your dreams remain dreams.Take action and your dreams can take flight'

I got quite excited when I read this line from the book And Then I Met Margaret. This is kinda important to me. It reminds me of someone who happens to say the same idea long ago in my college days. I very loved this line because it suggests striking importance in dealing our greatest aspirations in life.
This quote really stuck with me, because it's a great reminder for my writing career. I've been spending way too much time just dreaming of stories or imagining a future where I've become a published authors, and not enough time doing the everyday actionable work of writing. My books will remain dreams unless I take action and write them.
Jrutko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jrutko.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Jrutko »

Scrawling Pen wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 20:01 My favorite quote was "We all possess the power of compassion..." Although it is incredibly simple, I absolutely believe it. No matter who you are--rich, poor, successful, struggling, etc.--you have the ability to show compassion. If everyone just showed a bit of compassion, we might truly change the world.
This was my favorite quote as well. Its a simple statement as you said but it is so powerful in how we look at ourselves and how we can improve as human beings.
V_bansal2912
Favorite Author: Ayn Rand
Favorite Book: Atlas Shrugged
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-bansal2912.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2597

Post by V_bansal2912 »

'Stop ordinary thoughts from reigning in your mind and extraordinary thinking can begin' This quote stayed with me. It made me stop and think.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

Raksha Rakhecha wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 07:56 We came across many quotes in the book. My favourite quote is, "when you settle for nothing less than excellence, you become part of a rare species that's in huge demand."

Did you find that one quote which is impactful? What is that :?:
I love this quote! It emphasizes the need for high expectations for oneself and that hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.
Booklover1606
Currently Reading: The Richest Man In Babylon
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover1606.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Booklover1606 »

My favorite quote in the book has to be this one- "My exterior world reflected material wealth, but my interior world was spiritually bankrupt."
It is so true that we often forget that real happiness does not lie within money or possessions, but rather in that which money cannot buy.
Emmanuel Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-michael.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by Emmanuel Michael »

Walking my talk and living my life according what is truth and important
JavaDaBud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javadabud.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by JavaDaBud »

the quote that actually made me think was...
If a black cat prowls around in your mind, it will stop you from seeing the golden opportunities right in front of you.
It pretty much describes the human psychology during a dilemma. We focus so much on the down side, we sometimes fail to spot the opportunities ahead.
Philip Chepsingil
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philip-chepsingil.html
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope

Post by Philip Chepsingil »

My favorite quote from the book is this: “when my ego declines, I open my mind; and now I find the quickest path to the finish line.” which is what the author learned and corrected the myth he believed: “Sometimes insisting you know is the speed lane to victory.”
This I say is my favorite because it became a very important lesson to me personally.
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by SparklesonPages »

"And Then I Met Margaret" was eloquently written and there is no shortage of quotes that require a pause, just to appreciate what you've read. That being said, I really liked " "Magic deliberately happens because of me." What an excellent reminder of how powerful thought is in our outlook and in what we attract in life.
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

I love this quote. Stop ordinary thoughts from reigning in your mind and extraordinary thinking can begin. It's absolutely true.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Mailis »

Snowflake wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 16:22 I read this book a while ago so no quotes jumped right to mind when I saw this topic. Once I looked through the book again, this one stood out for me, "Magic deliberately happens because of me." What a wonderful reminder to be present in our own lives....
This quote is magic by itself. :) This is something to remind myself every day whenever I feel tired or overwhelmed.
Kayleigh Brookes
Currently Reading: Death, Taxes, and a Shotgun Wedding
Bookshelf Size: 319
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayleigh-brookes.html
Latest Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Post by Kayleigh Brookes »

“The reality I discovered: My limits are of my own making and are there for the breaking.”
ericahs
Currently Reading: The Cybernetic Tea Shop
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericahs.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by ericahs »

Sincerely wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 03:15 There were so many quotes in the book and all happen to be my favourite, but if am to choose one, then i'd settle on
'If you ponder but don't take action, your dreams remain dreams.Take action and your dreams can take flight'
This my favorite that I've seen so far
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.- Douglas Adams
kthompson
Currently Reading: Pachinko
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by kthompson »

My favorite quote would have to be, "Being in the right place is a matter of being in your right place." It's a good reminder not to measure your success or standing against other people, because everyone has different markers of what is right for them.

Return to “Discuss "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White”